Chapter 23: My You

Notes:

it's so fluffy I could DIE

TT_TT

Chapter 23: My You

3 weeks later

One of the biggest downfalls of being caught up in the whirlwind of everything that happened over the last almost 3 months was almost completely forgetting about the looming court date set for Jooho. Jimin was tempted to request that it be postponed for health reasons as well as just general maternity reasons, but he wanted to close that chapter in his life. He wanted to be free from Jooho, to finally be divorced, and get justice after so many months.

Jimin had one week left before he had to face the man who had tried to kill him. The man who once made him laugh and brought him happiness turned out to be such a monster. He was not sure at what point Jooho had become so dangerous, unfaithful, and so unhinged. Perhaps he was always that way and Jimin ignored what should have been red flags. He knew that he had nothing to fear in a courtroom setting but couldn't help but feel a churn of nausea at the idea of seeing Jooho face to face again.

"Babe please eat breakfast before it gets cold, you need your energy today. What is wrong, do you feel sick?" Jungkook asked with a concerned look on his face, pushing the plate a little closer to Jimin before getting up to sit directly next to him.

"I'm just... nervous about it all." Jimin spoke softly, hanging his head a tiny bit.

Jungkook wrapped his arm around Jimin and pulled him tight, ready to speak.

"What if they don't punish him? What if he just gets some kind of a slap on the wrist? What if-"

"You can't dwell on what if's, Minnie. You have every right to be nervous but please do not stress yourself out over what you cannot control. Don't forget that this is also going to be what pushes through your final petition for a divorce regardless of what other consequences he receives. You will become a Jeon ASAP after this, I will marry you immediately, no hesitation. We will go down to the courthouse as soon as you're announced a single man. We can have a huge, fancy wedding later; we have a lot going on with the twins anyway and I don't want to wait to call you mine. Also, I will tear him from limb to limb if he hurts you or our babies, he will die, and I will not have any regrets as an alpha who kept my mate and babies safe.

"Mate?" Jimin seemed to have only heard one word out of Jungkook's entire monologue. He touched his fingers to the old mating scar left from Jooho, trying not to remember anything from that rushed night with his very soon to be ex-husband. His mind wandered instead to thoughts of Jungkook sinking his canines into that same spot, reclaiming it, his huge knot buried into him, as he filled him with his seed. Jungkook could feel him shiver slightly in excitement and chuckled a bit when he heard Jimin let out an ever so soft whine. He nuzzled his nose into the soft sweet scent of his omega's neck.

"Not yet my love. We will mate when your body is fully healed and when we have had the babies home for a little while. I asked the doctor at your most recent postpartum checkup in private and was told to wait at least another 1.5 to 2 months before trying to even have sex based upon how you are healing. He said maybe even an additional month or two beyond that for mating because you are technically breastfeeding even though right now you are pumping; mating can be very taxing on the body and your hormones. I will make it worth the wait, I promise." Jungkook purred into his ear, placing a kiss directly onto the old mark, causing Jimin to shudder in anticipation. Jimin got up from the table to get some water for himself, he only slightly wobbled without his cane these days, having gotten back quite a bit of his strength. He was thankful for the amount of progress he had made in these last few weeks, as today was the day they were supposed to take their babies home. They had both become able to breathe on their own, both weighing just over 5 pounds each, and were finally able to latch on both bottles and Jimin's nipples; all of these factors made the doctor confident in their ability to thrive at home. Jimin still was not comfortable with the idea of carrying them up or down any sorts of stairs, but over the last 3 weeks he had become able to provide general care and parenting for them. 3 months ago, he would have never thought he would be this far, as well as his babies, whose original prognosis wasn't great after being born at 25 weeks gestation, 15 weeks too early.