Chapter 14: Oh yeah... Them (slight M)

Notes:

I had a tired weekend. sorry. I could only crank out one chapter this weekend. after this chapter i will no longer bother to tag M for smutty stuff. i will still post TW if necessary for other content though.

TW: victim blaming of miscarriage. workplace bullying. brief anxiety attack talks

Chapter 14: Oh yeah... Them (slight M)

The day after the gender reveal Jimin was brought back to a sad reality when he stepped foot into his office to judgmental eyes. The receptionist who had hit on Jungkook had turned her nose up at Jimin instead of greeting him as she usually had in the past. He could have sworn he heard his name being whispered as he saw eyes trail his body, making note of his growing baby belly. They had no idea what happened to him in the past six months but acted like they knew everything when they looked at him with disgust. He knew that they thought he was probably the cheater, that HE was the one who ran off and got knocked up by some young, hot, fresh out of college, alpha.

In the break room, one of his coworkers "tripped" and spilled coffee all over him, slightly burning the skin of his thigh where it landed on him. He winced at the burning on his skin, noticing the smirk on his coworker's face before they put on a sorry expression.

"Oh, my goodness, I'm sorry, I wasn't watching where I was going. Guess I gotta go make more coffee to make it through my day. Sorry Jimin." His coworker clearly faked, handing him a napkin from the nearby table. He unfortunately knew that there was also nothing that could be done about this, as he would never be able to prove that it was done on purpose.

He knew that Jungkook showing up the day prior had given them all the wrong idea about his life, not that it was any of their business. With a tight smile he nodded and hummed at his coworker before walking towards his office, still feeling the slight burn on his skin. He didn't feel like explaining his life, he didn't think they deserved to know. He would just have to deal with the petty bully behavior and hope that at some point, he would be able to figure out how to report them to his boss. Did his boss also think the way they did? Would he turn a blind eye on the behavior or remain professional and fix the issue?

Tae saw tears in Jimin's eyes before he entered his office, pants soaked in the front from the now cooling coffee. He followed Jimin into the office to find out what happened.

"Jimin what happened? You're soaked."

"oh, nothing really happened, someone bumped into me in the break room and their coffee spilled on me." He said as nonchalantly as possible, trying to control his tears and the shaking in his voice.

Tae furrowed his eyebrows, wondering if that was really all that had happened, he heard the whispers about his best friend. 'This was an accident, right?' he thought with his lips pressed into a thin line, hoping that the spill was just an accident, knowing how hot the coffee was when it came out of the break room's coffee maker.

"Jimin, did you get burned?" he pressed, knowing that the tears he saw glistening in his eyes could have been from pain.

"Probably a little bit, but I will take a look at home since I have to change my pants anyway." He dismissed.

"Jimin... w-was this done on purpose? I've... heard things... our coworkers definitely have the wrong idea about your pregnancy and relationship with Jungkook." Tae carefully expressed his concerns.

"I don't know, Tae. Even if this was on purpose, I don't think I'd be able to prove it was." He sadly mumbled.

"Unfortunately, I think you're right about that. I'm not sure why they feel your personal life is any of their business though. They're not Jooho's friends or anything, and even then, if his friends knew what happened, any decent person would choose your side. Especially with him awaiting a sentencing for what he did to you. You had no idea Jooho would turn out this way. Our coworkers just like to gossip too much."