The New Roommate: Part 25

Jakes POV

Jake!! You heard from outside and quickly looked into the back yard to see Sydney and Colby running into the house. You ran out of the room and down the stairs meeting her in the hallway. Did they call?! She just looked at you and smiled and you knew. You picked her up swinging her around like a rag doll. I knew could do it! The rest of the house quickly showed up and you stepped back so that she could get the attention she deserved. Colby walked over and stood by you. I love that girl. He said looking at you then back at her. I know you do. You said back putting your arm on his shoulders.

Sydney's POV

After a few hours of talking to everyone about the next week plans and getting you fully moved in it was time for bed. Night guys I'll see you in the morning. You walked up the stairs and turned toward your room. I got this. You thought to yourself as you walked into the room. It was nice, they cleaned it up good. It was warm and homey, lots of pillows and pretty art on the wall. Clearly added by the girls of the house. But even with all of that it still felt off. You just stood there for a minute when Colby walked in behind you. So, how'd we do? You did good. I like it. You said back with a smile that didn't quite meet your eyes. Well, that wasn't very convincing. Sorry, it still feels different but I'll get used to it. Ok... You know you could just stay with me if you want? Until you get more used to it anyways. He said with a nervous grin. You looked back at the room then up at him. That actually sounds really nice. All my stuff is in your room anyways it'll just be more convenient that way. You said sarcastically. Yeah, definitely that's what I was thinking too. You both just laughed and walked into his room. You went into the bathroom to get ready for bed. While you were brushing your teeth he walked up and stood behind you at the sink. How are you still so pretty while brushing your teeth, in my shirt, with no pants on? I don't understand. He said wrapping his arms around your waist. You just blushed and shrugged your shoulders. You both looked at each other through the mirror for a minute and he kissed your cheek. You can shower first; I have some emails to check up on anyways. He said walking out of the room and shut the door behind him.

Dang it I knew I forgot something. You thought to yourself. My freaking clothes are on the dresser. You wrapped up in the towel and walked into the bed room. Well, hi there. Colby said from his desk. You just looked at him with a "cool it" look. Your turn Brock. Yes, ma'am he said walking into the bathroom. Now you would think that he would shut the door all the way before getting into the shower but no, that would make too much sense so it was just partially cracked open. You start to change into a t shirt and shorts and notice that he is watching you from the bathroom. Creep, you said sarcastically. Sorry umm ok yeah, I'm gonna shower now. I'll just be in here... showering." Yeah, that's usually what happens in the shower Colby. You climb into bed and from there you can see slightly into the bathroom. The shower has a screen door with a privacy fog on the bottom half of the door so you can only see about waist up but still. You try not to be creepy and watch but you can't help it. He turns around toward you to rinse off and sees you staring at him. Now who's the creep He said with a smirk. You feel yourself get red and can't help but awkwardly smile and pull the blankets over your head. A few minutes later he walked into the bedroom, shirtless with a pair of purple tie dye sweats on. He goes to his side of the bed and turns the lamp on before shutting the lights off. What are you staring at? He says while climbing into bed. Staring, I don't know what you're talking about. You say rolling over to plug your phone in and set it on the side table. You look back at him, and he is just lying on his back, blankets pulled up to his waist looking at you. Now whose staring? You just laugh and lay on your back with your head next to his. You know, I think this might just be the best day I've ever had. He said looking up at the celling. I'm back on the leader board for Mario Cart again, got my cast off; turns out its not broken by the way just a bad sprain, Umm I ate a bomb ass burrito and then got to watch my girl get the job of a lifetime. Pretty damn good day if you ask me. Your girl huh? You say rolling onto your side to look at him directly. Uh, well I mean kind of. It feels like it anyways. Technically we only met a little over a month ago but it feels like I've known you forever. Your just so beautiful and funny and real. You know what you want and go for it. I admire that about you. Oh yeah, and what is it that you think I want Colby? You say looking into his eyes. He just looked at you for a minute as if almost asking and then says. This. Lifting your chin and kissed you. This one was different, it felt more personal almost and like there was more behind it. He pulls back and just stares at you with that adorable grin on his face. I love you, Sydney. You melted at that and buried your face into his neck. I love you too, Colby. Come here. He said gently pulling you in closer. You laid your head on his chest and just listened to every breath till you both fell asleep.