The New Roommate: Part 2

You follow the sound of voices into the living room where Jake is sitting with 3 other guys. Feel better now Jake says as he's patting the couch next to him signaling you go sit down. Yes, definitely. You go sit down and Jake introduces you to his 3 roommates. Sydney this is Corey, Sam and Colby. They all look over at you and say hi. Corey is also a dancer so he is probably not going to leave you alone and Sam and Colby are pretty much an old married couple that never do anything apart. Ha‐ha ok, nice to meet you all. So, what kind of dance do you do? Corey says. I've been trained in everything but I'm pretty much a hip‐hop dancer exclusively now. Nice same here! So, you have comp tomorrow and Jake said something about an audition, what are you auditioning for? Oh, I got scouted at one of our regional competitions for a company that hires background dancers so I'm hoping to get that. Wait, so if you get it, you'll have to move here, right? Jake says excited. Yeah, I'll finally get out of our hometown. That would be awesome, you could move in here and we can make videos together! Corey says. I don't know about that, I'm way to shy and I would try to get my own place so I don't intrude on you guys. Don't be dumb, you are welcome here whenever. Jake interrupted. You ready to go eat and catch up. Yes, I'm starving, where are we going? I don't know, I haven't thought of anything yet. You guys should go to Tender Greens. Colby said from the couch. Yeah, we could do that. You'll like it there Syd. It's the house favorite. He jumps up and holds out his hand to pull you off the couch. You start heading for the door to leave and Sam yells from the living room. Bring us food back please? Text me! You and Jake head to dinner and catch up.

You get back to the house with the food that the guys asked for. You carry everything into the house and are greeted with a girl with bright black and purple hair. She gives you a big hug and introduces herself. Hey, I'm Katrina, Sam's girlfriend. I've heard so much about you. You're so pretty! I'm so glad to have another girl in the house. Even for the weekend. She is super outgoing and bubbly, opposite of yourself. Thank you. You say shyly. You both bring the food into the kitchen and start pulling it out of the bags and putting it on the counter. So how long have you known Jake? Oh gosh umm I think we met when we were 5 or 6. Our moms were both teachers at the same school and he lived a couple houses down so we pretty much grew up together. That's awesome, so he's like your brother then. Yes definitely. So, are you single? She says with a nudge and a wink. Ha yeah. Really, why? You're so sweet and so pretty. Oh, I just haven't found the right guy back home and I'm trying to move out of my hometown anyways so getting a boyfriend would complicate that quite a bit, you know? Yeah, I get that. Where are you trying to go? I would like to move here; I have an audition tomorrow to be a background dancer for some big musicians so we will see. That would be amazing! You could live here with us! That's what everyone keeps saying but I would hate to intrude. I will probably just try to get a place of my own. Don't be silly, you have to stay here. These boys are making me crazy; I need another girl in the house.

Kat, are you harassing her already? Yep. She says sarcastically carrying her and Sam's food into the living room. Colby your food is in the kitchen she says mid bite. You grab the other bag of food from Jake and set it on the counter. Dang, we ordered a lot of food! Colby said walking into the kitchen. Yes, you did. You grab the containers with his name on them and hand them to him. Instead of going into the living room he brings his food to the table and starts to eat. Jake walks in and sits next to him stealing a fry. Hey didn't you just eat, fuck off my fries' brother ha‐ha. Yeah, but they look good. So, Sydney what time do you need to be at class tomorrow morning so I know when to wake up? Oh, you don't have to bring me, class starts super early. I was just planning on getting an UBER or something. No, I'll bring you, what time? Well class starts at 7 so I have to be there at 6 to get warmed up. Jesus! I told you, you don't have to bring me. No... I will, it's just so early. I can bring you. Colby says. I have a meeting in Hollywood at 7 anyways. Jake looks at you, do you want to do that. Colby can bring you there in the morning and then we can all go watch tomorrow night. Yeah, that's fine with me. You look over at Colby; that would be awesome, thank you. You all go into the living room and watch some TV and shortly after you fall asleep on the couch.