The New Roommate: Part 14

Sydney's POV

You wake up the next morning around 9:30 am and grab your phone. You notice that you have a text from Colby.

You go downstairs into the kitchen, make breakfast and go play on your phone while you eat

You go downstairs into the kitchen, make breakfast and go play on your phone while you eat. You notice that you are either the first one in the house awake or you're the only one here and decide to text the group chat to see if anyone is home.

 You notice that you are either the first one in the house awake or you're the only one here and decide to text the group chat to see if anyone is home

Dang what now? I should probably practice my routine for a bit then maybe go to the mall to get something to wear for the party tonight. Yeah, I'll do that. You run over your routine a few times and head up to take a shower. While you're in the shower your phone rings and it's Tara. You stick your head out of the shower door and answer the phone.

Sydney- Hello?

Tara- Hey, so the guys are throwing a party at the house later and I was wondering if you wanted to go shopping with me today?

Sydney- That's so funny, I'm literally in the shower right now and was going to Uber to the mall to get something. So yes, I will absolutely go with you.

Tara- Ok, cool. I will be there in a bit.

You finish your shower, get ready really fast and head downstairs with perfect timing because Tara was pulling into the driveway. You get in the car and head to the mall. So, Colby text me this morning and said that their throwing a "big party" tonight. How big are we talking, because the last party was pretty big to me? Oh, girl you have no idea. The last one was just a small gathering. There are usually around 200 people at these parties. Holy shit are you kidding! How do you all know that many people ha-ha!

You get to the mall and meet up with Kat, Devyn and Xepher (who you have not met yet.) Hey I'm Xepher, it's so nice to meet you. You as well, are you coming tonight? Oh absolutely. You all walk around and do your shopping. I'm starving! Kat shouts looking over at the food court. Can we eat something now? I'm going to wither away soon. You're not going to die Kat, but I agree we should get something to eat. Xepher says walking over to Kat. After everyone gets their food you all sit down and the girls start asking you questions to get to know you better. After what felt like 100 questions Kat blurts out; so, do you like Colby or what? You feel yourself get red and awkwardly start playing with your food like a child. I mean, kind of, yeah. (Kat) I knew it! You guys have been talking since you were in town last time and he has been absolutely obsessed since. (Devyn) He was so sad when you left and would not put his phone down. He really seems to like you. (Tara) Didn't you go on a date last night? No not really, we went to pick up food and stopped at some lookout over the city and took some pictures. Tara looks over at you with a huge pout on her face and wide eyes. What? He took you to his lookout? Yeah? You say very confused by her reaction. He never takes anyone up there. He calls it the "reflect zone" or some crap like that. He goes up there all the time but never takes anyone with him, that's so sweet. You feel yourself start to blush and change the subject.