30. Epilogue

Final chapter!

I'm going to be busy when I would usually upload this, therefore, I'm posting it early.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••

One Week Later.

Harper's POV

It's been a week since I marked Rosemary for the second time.

Of course I still think about her all of the time.

Sometimes I find myself thinking about what would have happened if I never left to go on the rest of my tour or brought her with me.

Would Karl still have gotten to her?

Would she have been safer overall?

I don't know.

Karl was a fucking selfish asshole.

He knew what he was doing when he tried to mark someone who already had a mate.

He knew that if he marked her and it stayed that Rosemary would have died because of the different DNA.

He did it because he wanted to seem superior to his vampire peers.

Legend says that unmated or unmarked vampires often will go after those with mates because it is seen as a competitive power battle.

What that legend failed to mention, however, is that the person is the middle rarely makes it out alive and if by some grace of god they do then they're not alive for long.

Maybe three days max.

I feel like they did this to create more harm than good.

Think about it, if no one knows the consequences to what they are doing then they will be more likely to go through with doing it.

Karl is lucky that he was dumb enough to miss her heart vein and instead pierced through the tendon in her neck.

Though most of the mark disappeared, there are still two small dots from it that you truthfully wouldn't be able to see unless you were looking for it.

Saying goodbye to Rosemary was really hard.

I can confidently say that it was the hardest thing that I have ever done in my life.

"Are you feeling okay?" Brynn asks with a genuine smile

I smile back at her before I look down at the blueberry muffin in front of me.

"Yeah,"

"I mean, it was hard at first adjusting to the change, but recently it's been really good" I say

The blue haired girl nods her head.

Our conversation ceases as Grace joins us at our table, taking a seat beside her girlfriend.

She places a cinnamon sugar muffin down in front of the blue haired girl, following it with another cup of iced coffee.

"Thank you," the blue haired girl says as her girlfriend takes a seat

I watch as she gives her a kiss before quickly pulling away.

"I love you" I hear her whisper against Grace's lips

"I love you" her girlfriend whispers back, emphasizing the last word

An overdramatized groan leaves my mouth which ends up grabbing their attention.

"This is so unfair," I say

Brynn laughs at me as her hand reaches out to grab her cup of iced coffee.

"How dare you make me feel even lonelier than I already am?" I joke

The blue haired girl raises an eyebrow at me.

I notice how she briefly glances at something behind me before looking back at me.

"You won't be lonely for much longer" she mutters, bringing her coffee cup up to her lips

I furrow my eyebrows at her, going to comment on her words only to shut up when the scent of vanilla cupcakes enters my nose.

Someone takes a seat in the chair beside me and immediately pulls me into a kiss.

I moan at how soft their lips are and bring my hands up to cradle their face.

Brynn's playful gagging is heard in the background which causes me to laugh, breaking the kiss.

When I open my eyes I notice a pair of deep blue one's already looking back at me.

"Sorry, I'm late" Rosemary whispers with a lovestruck smile on her face

I smile back at her, feeling happy just from seeing her happy.

"No need to apologize, baby"

I peck her lips before removing my hands from her face and sliding my blueberry muffin over to her.

The ginger haired girl thanks me and begins to eat it.

"You know for someone who now has the ability of super speed, you're somehow always late" Brynn comments

Rosemary rolls her eyes at her best friend.

"That's because I don't have super speed,"

"I'm only half vampire, Brynn" she tells her

Over the last week Rosemary and I have been experimenting and researching our differences as I'm full vampire and she's only half vampire.

So far we have found out that while I don't need food to survive, Rosemary does.

All of Rosemary's senses have been heightened.

Both Rosemary and I do need blood to feed our vampire, she just needs a lot less than I do.

While I don't use the bathroom, Rosemary still does.

We also found out that she won't be aging any further than she is now which she has been overthinking about.

"So, you're dead but like not dead at the same time?" Brynn slowly questions as she tries to make sense of all of this

Rosemary just blinks at the girl a few times.

I snicker at her expression and bring my coffee up to my lips.

"I'll tell you later, Brynn" she sighs, shaking her head.

The End.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••

I know that this chapter was really short, but I hope that it was still enjoyable.

I have a new story coming out next Saturday, so stay tuned!

I hope that you guys have a good day today!