11. Amethyst

"Shit!" The curse falls from my lips as we peak around the bush that Brynn has parked behind

When my eyes land on my mother's red Honda I curse as well.

"There's no way that she's not going to hear me trying to sneak in!" I stress

Brynn shushes me, placing one of her hands over my mouth.

"Listen to me," she says as she turns to face me, holding strong eye contact

"I'm going to go knock on your front door and try to keep your mom distracted,"

I nod my head, her hand still resting over my lips.

"While I'm doing this you're going to try your best to sneak in through your bedroom window,"

I nod once again.

"If you hear your mom coming into your room then you just dive underneath your bed and pray that she doesn't figure out that the stuff in your bed isn't actually you,"

"Got it?" She asks

I nod my head since she would not hear me if I attempted to speak through her hand.

With this confirmation the two of us put our plan into motion.

I practically run towards the backyard while Brynn rushes towards the front door.

If all the light downstairs weren't on then I would assume that my mother already went to sleep.

I hear Brynn ring the doorbell just as I reach the backyard.

Wow! She is quick!

As I glance up at my bedroom window a feeling of relief washes over me.

Thank god I talked Brynn out of making me wear heels earlier!

I run over towards the large oak tree that just so happens to be placed near my bedroom window.

Recreation center gymnastic skills please do not fail me now.

I run as fast as I possibly can towards the huge tree before jumping up and grabbing ahold of the lowest tree branch.

Yes!

I use the momentum to help me swing my body forward, planting my converse clad feet on the side of the tree trunk.

I move my feet further up the tree trunk until I am able to cross my legs on top of the tree branch that I am currently hanging from.

I maneuver my body so that I am now sitting on top of the branch.

Deciding that I am running out of time, I stand up on top of the thicker part of branch.

I release a terrified breath of air as I close my eyes for a moment.

"Don't look down, don't look down, down look down" I continuously chant

I evenly balance my body weight to the best of my abilities before taking cautious step after cautious step as I walk along this tree branch.

It takes longer than I would like, but I eventually reach the balcony to my room...kind of.

I reach up and grab ahold of the tree branch above me, using this to help me swing my foot up to a gap in the gate surround my balcony.

Please don't break! Please don't break!

I use my foot that is currently trapped in a gap in the gate as leverage to pull myself up, immediately grabbing onto the top of the gate once both of my feet are in gaps in the gate.

"Hurry! Your mom is heading towards the stairs!" I hear Brynn whisper yell from somewhere on the ground

Shit!