CHAPTER 9

~Keegan

"Theo...Theo..."

His jacket was on the couch but he was nowhere inside the house.

"Where the hell are you?" She whispered mostly to herself.

She scanned the whole house looking, again, but he wasn't inside...or outside

He had probably left. He wasn't even answering his phone.

The date didn't take too long. She had hoped to stay for a long while with Shayne but after he asked her to stay...he had triggered an old buried memory of them. The one where he couldn't even say it out to her when he wanted to so badly. She had seen it in him ten years ago and now... a few hours ago.

Every second that passed out with Shayne, ate her conscious. She felt trapped in that elevator, she felt suffocated in that plane. She had puked everything when it took off and tonight she almost retched up her dinner, thinking about it.

Shayne had brought her back, thinking she was feeling ill.

She sat on the bed and took off her heels. She massaged her sore feet and ignored the fact that he was nowhere inside.

She quickly went to the bathroom for a shower. After she was done freshening up, she sat on her bed and texted him.

The buzz on her bedside table startled her.

"What the..." She took it. "This idiot left his phone..."

After a long time of waiting for him to return, she fell asleep.

*** 

"Where the hell did this idiot go?" Keegan asked herself as she was pacing in her room uncontrollably.

It was raining outside and she was getting worried. His things were still in her room, the bag but not his wallet. She wondered if he went home. She tried multiple times to call him even though he said he left his phone back home, it went straight to voicemail. She finally sat on her bed and just...waited.

She woke up with the sound of the thunder together with her window opening.

He got into her room.

"Theo..." she sat upright.

He didn't say anything, instead, he picked up his things and put them in his bag.

He was drenched in the rain.

"What are you doing?"

"Leaving."

"In this storm."

He again didn't say anything. He placed his backpack on his back and got out through the window.

Keegan, being stubborn as she was, also got out of her window and closed it. He still hadn't jumped off and left.

"What are you doing?" This time he asked.