4- Rumors

Queen Gabriella sat beside the window of her and her husband's bedroom sipping on her cup of tea that her maid had served her before leaving the room,  glancing down where she could see the knight out training.  She knew Sebastian would make a good knight for her people in the kingdom, yet King Maxwell hadn't known about the news about the young knight just yet.

She sighed and placed the tea down on the table beside her, till she heard the door open of the bedroom. "My dear, is there something you have to tell me?" Queen Gabriella wondered, smiling as she knew when her husband would come in. She can sense people's motions from a distance without saying a word. Her powers could also read animals' minds and heal people with her healing spell that she loves when they get injured. As for King Maxwell, his power was different from that of his wife. He could teleport and some other spells that no person didn't want to mess with, or he didn't dare to tell.

King Maxwell stood by the doorway of the bedroom, worn out from practice with the knights, and walked his way back to the bedroom that he shared with his wife. He looked furious by having a lot of thoughts in his mind he was trying to keep in place.

"Well, my darling,"  he cleared his throat, trying not to look confused in front of his wife. "I heard there's going to be a new knight in the kingdom. Did you hear about it?"

She chuckled from the distance between King Maxwell, who was curious about why his wife just laughed at this situation? "Rumors, so do spread so quickly," she mumbled, taking another sip of her tea.

She glanced over by the window once again, to see Sebastian with the knights, knowing he would be just fine with his life of being in the kingdom of Warrenville, that's if he would survive in the tasks of the consequences that would be upon him when he gets older.

She turned back to her husband, who was still by the doorway. She smiled at him, "I have. "

He looked dumbfounded by her sudden response to a problem like this. He cleared his throat,  trying to focus on this issue, and his face turned back serious. "Since when," King Maxwell wondered, knowing how his wife is, she would know everything.

Queen Gabriella held her teacup, and without hesitation, she said," When he came to the kingdom, looking for a place to hide from the guards."

"Long story short, he has nowhere to go with no parents, so he decided to become a knight here."

That poor child. Having a tough time living in the alleys,  she was concerned, about Sebastian, of how he had come into the kingdom looking like he had been beaten up by the guards, and her people outside of the kingdom. 

"To what I heard from the maids that he flies himself to the kingdom," King Maxwell confessed, while his wife took another sip of her tea, nodding with agreement.

Silent between them, knowing it can't be stopped with the rumors that went around the kingdom and perhaps outside of the castle as well about the young boy who stole the loaf of bread from a baker just to survive in the open world.

King Maxwell knew what he had to do for his people, his wife, and his soon-to-be child in both of their lives. He knew what was best for everyone. "So, what are we going to do with this boy?" He asked, getting to the point. Waiting for his wife to see what she thinks.

"He's going to be a knight. Besides, I want to see what he could do, " she explained, knowing he's going to be the youngest knight in history.  King Maxwell walked towards his wife, to look out of their window, seeing the knights surrounding the boy.

"At first, my first thought was to send that boy to the orphanage home, but he decided to be a knight. I'm looking forward to seeing what he becomes in the future. What do you think, dear?" Queen Gabriella wondered, glancing up at her husband.

He hummed, liking the thought of what his Queen authorized by the issue," Honestly, I can't wait to meet this lad."