Family

So I been in my bed for two days Damien been coming and reading book and giving me snacks I think he feels guilty.

Mother comes at night to check up on me and I think I seen father threw the door one time, in the middle of my thought the doctor came.

"So little girl I heard you been having leg problems" he said with a smile. He examined me and had a sad face when he was done.

"From the looks of it she had weak legs she may not be able to walk on her own" the doctor said with pity eyes. I hate those eyes I seen them my hole life.

My mother had tears in her eyes and father but had a blank face, Damien looked confused and said "well I can help her move around and carry her on my back" he said smiling. I'm so happy to have him as a brother.

"We will find a wheelchair and walking sticks" father said. I don't know why but I started to cry.

Everyone just looked at me I was crying and smiling no one has treated me like this before and I'm happy.

I'm one years old now, I been working on talking and walking a bit, Damien always with me though he's 6 now.

"Ok Malika try saying my name" he says. d-Damin I said it's not right but close enough and he looked happy. "Good job Malika" he said with a smile in no time you'll be making sentences.

He grabbed my chair and pushed me, the doctor said I was to young for a Kane so I have a chair now. Damien takes me to the dining room.

As me and Damien go in we see father and the queen eating, the queen still doesn't like me that much, I looked at Damien to see what he was about to do, to my shock he walked in with me and placed me at the table next to him.

"So what do you want Malika" Damien asked father and the queen just stare, "macar" I say it's the closest thing I can say to macarons. He looked up to see if there is any and dad has the last one.

Now we are having a stare down I pull out puppy eyes they have always worked for me, he looked like he was caving but as I was distracting him Damien went under the table and took it and went back. I looked at him and said "tank yu" father looked mad and the queen was laughing. You about to have a lot of trouble, it's the first time all of us spent time together sense finding out I can't walk.

I been seeing mom less and less too when I do see her she happy or sad. One day I heard her and a man talking.

"Why don't we run away together" he said, "I can't I have a daughter I can't leave her. I'm tired of cleaning and being at someone's beckoning call" he said, so am I my love one day".

Weeks went by and I still spent most of my time with Damien he just started training so I sometimes with Lilith she takes me on walks and feeds me. One day we was out and I seen mom I pointed and Lilith followed.

To my shock she had a bag and was with a man was she not going to say bye. I just look at her Lilith was about to do something I grabbed her skirt. She looked down with sad eyes I look at mom again we make eye contact I seen a tear drop from her eyes.

Lilith took me to my father and told him what happened I was still in shock and didn't move. To my surprise he picked me up and hugged me it's the first time he did that. "I'm sorry" he whispered.

I slept in his bedroom that right the queen was there he told her what happened she pat my head. Damien snuck in because he was looking for me, we all just slept like a family.