CHAPTER 33: Changing things will take time.

Start from the beginning

Saya had taken back his place next to Tanya as soon as they had been on their way to the Palace. He had praised her, more than once, about what she had done and every time she had thanked him with maybe a bit of shyness. She was going from one conversation to the other, answering people' questions about what she had shared with them, soothing their doubts and worries, always with assurance but courtesy. She could feel, just like she could hear that everyone didn't agree with the words she had had and yet, no one had dared to publicly opposed her.

But even if she appreciated the atmosphere, there was something else in her mind. Behind her, her bodyguard's thoughts were pretty loud and she could understand why: despite Enoria having promised she would be back after having executed what she had been asked to do, the Igutu woman had not come back and Yangcha was so worried it almost showed on his usual impassive face.

Tanya didn't say anything to him, she was worried too but it wasn't like she could just leave the party to go check on her and he couldn't either.

-----------------------------------------------------------

At the end of the day, when all the guests finally had come back to their respective home, Yangcha had only one thing in mind: to rush to the side of the woman he loved. But the High Priestess was taking her time to discuss with the King and the Queen about the day that had passed and it wasn't like he could have told them he had things to do.

"What a beautiful show you gave us today, Niruha," the Queen praised with a fake smile.

"I am glad it pleased my Queen's eyes," Tanya replied, "now if you have no objections, I would like to excuse myself, it was a pleasant but tiring day."

"Right, go rest, Niruha," Tagon said, "we'll see you tomorrow morning to discuss your upcoming marriage as well as ways to fix your words into the citizens' minds."

"The workers too, you promised we'd talk about them too."

"We'll do that, naturally," the King said. They could talk about the workers as much as she wanted, it didn't mean he had to accept what she was going to propose.

Tanya didn't know if the smile the King had on his face was sincere or not but she heard nothing coming from his mind. She bowed to the royal couple and left the room accompanied by the Prince, her two bodyguards behind her.

"It's suspicious how our High Priestess almost ran out of here," Taealha started as she placed herself in front of Tagon, "perhaps, does it have something to do with the fact your precious Daekan Lady disappeared after Tanya's speech? Just tell me the truth, Enoria is not a random Igutu, is she?"

"She is special indeed," Tagon simply replied.

"How special?" Taealha asked, "special enough to make plants grow? Or to be the descendant of that First Son of the Moon we had never heard about before?"

Tagon just smiled at her without giving him any confirmation. He had promised Tanya he wouldn't say anything and so, just like she had respected their agreement, he would too.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"I am going to slow you down, go first," Tanya told Yangcha when they finally left the Palace.

"He can't do that, Niruha," Saya immediately said, "there are still many people on the streets and you need to be protected. We are not sure everyone will truly agree with everything you said today."