Fifty-five | Colton

ابدأ من البداية

'She's bright red and she's stumbling...she obviously drank too fucking much.' I point out the obvious. 'She's anything but fine so I'm going to take her home. I was going to leave anyways and everyone knows that I'm friends with Damon. She's safe with me.'

Trying to get her from him he makes an attempt to move me away again but I shove his hand out of the way.

'If you touch me again I'll rip your hand off your fucking body.' I threaten him. If I'm being honest with myself I most likely would. Allowing me to finally take her, I don't stay long enough to have to talk to him for any longer than I already have.

'Colton I don't feel so good,' I can barely interpret the words coming from her mouth. 'I think I drank something bad.'

'What did you drink?' I begin to worry so I direct her to stand against the wall so I can take her heels off.

Once they're removed I wrap my arm around her waist so my other hand can hold her shoes. So that she can walk better.

'I got a couple drinks...this girl showed me how to make these shots that go all sparkly and Ethan gave me a drink,' she says in short chunks of text since her focus is on the stairs as we walk down them.

'Ethan gave you a drink?' I remain skeptical. 'Did you watch him physically pour the drink?'

'Not really,' she tries to open the front door but fails so I do it with my elbow instead since I don't have any free hands. 'I was talking to this really pretty girl that I met,'

Hearing a phone camera click I turn to see a group of girls staring at me with their phones shamelessly out. Sighing, I already know why they're taking pictures of me so I turn to them.

'She's a friend,' I furrow my eyebrows but they just look at her, completely ignoring me.

'Do you know him babe?' One of them ask her directly and I pray to god that she responds with the truth.

'Do I know...Colton?' She squints at them before placing her hand on my chest.

'The guy next to you,' another points at me before raising her phone to take another photo. Awkwardly smiling, I understand that they're trying to scare me. If I was trying to hurt her then the last thing I'd want is a photo with her like this.

'Colton tutors me!' She smiles innocently, unable to comprehend the meaning behind what she's being asked.

'Are you okay with going home with him?' She doubles back but Katie just nods. 'What's your name?'

'Urm.' She stiffens as if she's confused by the question. 'Katie...Hart.'

'Oh your Damon's little sister?' This time I pray to god that Katie doesn't respond with the truth but she agrees. Pursing my lips I already know they're going to tell him and he's going to give me an earful tomorrow.

'Okay cool.' The girl pockets her phone and I take that as my que to leave.

This happens more often then I'd like to admit and it's a little sad. It's such a struggle just to take one of my girl-friends home if they get tipsy because people assume I'm thinking with my dick. I just don't want anyone I know to get hurt.

'Katie you shouldn't take any drinks from anyone.' I scold her like she's a little kid. I always find myself babying her and I don't know why.

Well I actually do know why.

I used to do it since it would snap be back into reality when I was younger. If I even felt any emotion towards her which wasn't neutrality then I would remind her that she was just my friends little sister. It really helped so I guess it just stuck with me.