Forty-two | Katie

Dragging myself down the hall I'm so tired

They've been two fights this week and I got yelled at by my dad last night for the fight Damon started even though it wasn't my fault. I should've just left it, instead of helping, because why was I punished too? God I wish I was an only child sometimes. You can't get yelled at for things your siblings do if you don't have any.

Stuffing my free hand into my hoodie pocket, I contemplate skipping. It's only last period on a Friday so my teacher will forget by Monday that I wasn't there. It's not like I'm the most engaging student in my classes so she won't even notice that I'm gone anyways.

Glancing at the bathroom down the hallway, I look behind me to see if anyone is watching me. I doubt anyone would notice if I just went in and stayed there. Except the teachers started checking the bathrooms recently since people skip a lot so maybe I shouldn't. But I could lie an say I'm on my period if a teacher does walk in.

Overthinking my options I don't get another thought out when I feel a hand wrap around my upper arm. Before I can figure out what's going on I'm pulled into an empty classroom and the door is shuts behind me.

Freaking out a hand covers my mouth so I don't scream which sends me into a panicked frenzy. Well, a silent frenzy since I find myself frozen in place as my eyes adjust to the dark. Soon being able to at least make out a taller male figure, it allows me to immediately recognize the face.

'Are you fucking kidding me Noah?' I mutter from behind his palm, kneeing him in the crotch. Cursing under his breath he folds which makes him slip his hand from my mouth.

'Fuck! Jesus Christ Katie...' He groan in pain so I just sigh with remorse.

'I'm sorry...' I frown, 'you pulled me into a dark room, pinned me against a wall and covered my mouth...it scared the shit out of me,'

Tilting my head sideways since he's bent slightly over I notice that he's now laughing. Standing upright again he doesn't even make an effort to hide his amusement.

'You where practically shaking,' he laughs softly as he leans his arm to our side and slowly closes the door. He doesn't break eye contact with me as he bites his lips together to avoid laughing even more than he already is.

'You saw how scared I was and you're amused?' I blink at him aggressively to hide my own smile. Im not amused but his smile is so painfully contagious.

'A little,' he lowers his voice before moving his hand up to show a small space between his thumb and pointer finger, 'like that much.'

'What? Is it like your sexual turn on? Scaring people?' I cross my arm and rest my back against the wall. I hope to god that he can tell that I'm joking.