Ten | Colten

The sport facilities at this school are good as shit

The sport facilities at this school are good as shit. They take it pretty seriously since that's what they're known for so I like to leech off them as much as humanly possible. Whenever I can I like to sneak into the indoor basketball courts for some alone time. To practice without others watching or with me.

Dribbling the ball I shoot it into the hoop before hearing clapping from the bleachers. Glancing over I see Lilah sitting there watching me.

Forcing a smile I flash it in her direction before quickly jogging to the hall. Tossing it between my hands I make my way over to her. I really would've liked my alone time but I don't want to ignore her either.

Watching as she giddily hops down she wraps her arms around my neck once I've reached her. Kissing her forehead I hold her by the waist with one of my arms so I can hold the ball in the other. I don't plan on sticking around for to long since I want to abuse my court time as much as I can.

Usually people aren't allowed to allow themselves in without supervision from the staff but the rules bend for me. All I had to do was ask if I could use it during lunches and free periods for training and I was granted permanent access. Because of course, anything for a vital member of the Lakewood basketball team.

Benefits like these get to a lot of the athletes heads here. They're rules in place but if you're on a sporting team then what are rules? Most of them apply to all but us.

'I missed you,' she looks up at me but I look away at the the time on the clock realizing it half past nine.

'Why aren't you in class?' I police her, discretely changing the topic. 'You're like an hour late.'

'I have an exemption...I'm supposed to be at the nurse with an 'injury.' I hurt my knee,' she jokes moving her hair off her shoulder to let it fall down her back. I swear every time I see her it gets blonder.

'You should focus in class,' I dribble the ball around her playfully. 'You'll have no one to skip class to go watch practice after I graduate...unless you'll be watching some other basketball player when they have a gap period?'

'I'll just take the extra step and show up to your university games,' she nods making me crease my eyebrows. I'd rather her not do that.

'Focus on your grades and not me Lilah,' I let go of her. 'They're more important than a dumb boy who likes to play with basketballs whine they're alone,'

Lilah is a year younger than me, putting her in the grade below. Originally I had met her when our team had state championships in sophomore year. It's when I first met her. Not knowing who she was I would watch her practice. Her face was so distracting. In a good way of course, she's beautiful. When I finally had the courage to talk to her I invited her over to the assigned room I was in since we were still at the tournament.

I was placed with Jacob and Damon, who weren't there when she came over so we were left to our own devices. Being a horny little kid left with a girl I was violently attracted to, was not a good mix. But hey, there's a first time for everything right? That just so happened to be ours.