Fifty-five | Colton

'Where did she go?' I sit up

'You have your eyes on a girl?' Thale grins but I'm barely listening to him.

I didn't think that Damon would allow Katie to come to this party since it's mainly seniors from different schools, but I saw her. My initial worry was that I noticed her drinking a lot and given how short that dress she was wearing was, she would most likely get attention. Not that I mind her getting attention from other people but she barely seemed sober.

I was right about the attention thing though since I saw her coming outside with Ethan and they where just talking for a bit. If I where her I wouldn't have chosen Ethan of all people since he's the fakest person I think I've ever spoken too. Not that she would know that since the whole purpose of being fake is to assume that's it's someones natural character.

'No I'm talking about Katie. She was sitting right there and now she's gone,' I look around before pausing when I look at Thale. He's giving me a judgmental look.

'You're massively crushing on Katie huh?' He laughs but I just ignore him. I'm really not in the mood for his teasing. I know I don't like her, I just care.

'I'll be back,' I head back into the house. 'I just want to check on her that's all,'

'I'll miss you loverboy,' Thale blows me a kiss but I just look away as I make my way past everyone.

Parties where never really my thing actually. I've always preferred anything else but beggars can't be choosers. Especially if all you're friends are into those type of things. It's easier to comply sometimes even though I end up being the supervisor at each event. I'm the designated driver, I'm the one who makes sure no one drowns, I'm the one who keeps everyone from overdosing or over drinking.

Not that I mind it but it's frustrating something. Yet I'm here doing the same thing on my own will by checking up on Katie. Some things stick with you I guess.

Rubbing my upper arm as I look around the living room but it's hard to spot where she would be since they're a shit tone of people here. Convincing myself that I'm just overreacting, I turn to leave which is when I notice Katie. She's walking upstairs which confuses me since they aren't as many people up there. They are people but not that many.

Going after her, out of curiosity by the time I get to the stairs she's already in the corridor.

'Katie.' I call out for her and she instantly looks back. Furrowing my eyebrows when I look at her face she looks out of it. Her cheeks are flushed and she's leaning against the wall for support.

'Colten!' She giggles like a child which concerns me.

A few seconds ago she was sitting down and was capable to talk somewhat normally. It was only a few moments ago too.

'Hey are you okay?' I reach out for her but I'm blocked by Ethan.

'She's fine dude.' He doesn't give me the benefit of the doubt but neither do I. If I would write a list of people I trust he'd be near the bottom. I've spoken to him enough times to know that he's a piece of shit.