Thirty-One | Brylan

Humming to the beat of the song I tap my pencil against my notebook

Humming to the beat of the song I tap my pencil against my notebook. I recently bought a gratitude journal and I'm trying to view everything more positively. If it has to be anyone it'd definitely me who has the worst luck known to man so I need to think of things more positively.

I got an A+ on my science exam? Well I kind of expected it since I cheated...I'm in love with the person who invented the notes under skirt trick. I wrote a bunch of shit on my thigh and wore a skirt that day- wow this is turning into a confession book huh?

Closing the book I groan before chucking it onto the floor. Staring up to the wall I stare at my window before seeing a figure dart past it.

Looking away I quickly sit up and look back when I realize what I just saw. Blinking at the window I squint my eyes. Maybe I just imagined it and I didn't actually see anything?

Turning to lay back down I notice something move again but this time its followed by a knock. Holy shit.

Seeing something outside I reach for the pencil I was using as if it'll actually do anything. Making my way to the window I press my face against it and look around until I make eye contact with someone. Feeling my stomach drop, they walk up to the window which allows me to see their face.

'Damon?' I say with a startled tone. For a second I thought I was about to get trafficked.

He points to the bottom of the window. Looking go where he's pointing I notice that's where the switch is to open it. Instead of actually letting him in I look up at him and he's giving me a pleading look.

Glancing to my bedside clock I then look back at him. There's no way im letting him in at nine pm on a school night. My coach said we're doing an extra training session tomorrow morning at 6:30am. We have a game on Wednesday and I wont be at school because of it so I need the extra training.

Shaking my head he presses his hands together and shakes them. There's no way Damon is begging for me to him into my room. We aren't even friends. I've spoken to him maybe three times. The last time we spoke I wouldn't say it was the most positive so I don't even want him in my room.

Noticing that I'm not going to budge he sighs and grips his arms before looking to the side. Is it really that cold out there? He gives me another pleading look as he rubs his arms so I roll my eyes. I dont know how he got here and if he walked then I should let him in. I don't really like him as a person but i dont want him to get hypothermia either.

Unlocking the window I slide it up and he climbs through. I instantly regret it when I realize that the air outside is really warm. Barely getting any time to actually ask him about it he wraps his arms around my waist. Gasping he pulls me closer to him so im pressed against his chest.

'Damon.' I press my hands against his chest so he immediately lets go of me. 'Why did you come here..'

Looking towards my necklace he frowns, 'I'm sorry about...that.'