CHAPTER FOUR

HEYY

SOOO ITS BEEN AWHILE MY LOVES, BUT I DO WANT TO ADMIT THAT THIS IS ONLY BECAUSE IVE BEEN BUSY! IVE BEEN WRITING THIS IN LITTLE SECTIONS BECAUSE I HAD AN IDEAAA <33

THIS CHAPTER STARTS SLOW (AGAIN IK)

BUT TRUST ME AAAAAAAA

MAKE SURE TO COMMENT AND VOTE

ROSALIE

PRESENT

It has been awhile since my parents contacted me; i mean, i know that they are busy with their jobs, but ever since i told them that i am going independent, the day after their anniversary, they have been a little cold, but that doesn't give them the excuse to ignore me like this- and not answer any of my fucking messages, all because i am trying to become stable on my own, I am grateful for all they have given me , but it is time for me to learn to fend for myself.

I have stopped using their accounts and now i purely have my own savings- its enough for rent and necessities until i find a stable part- time job; while i get my qualifications from college. I manged to get into a decent school, but i need a well- paying job in order to afford everything- my tuition fees are already paid in full- which gives me one less thing to worry about.

i am still a little shaken from seeing the masks again, it scared me to think that they know what i did at sixteen. It was a mistake in a fit of rage, but a part of me does not regret it.

"Miss Rosalie Maywood" A voice calls out- they must be an assistant for McGrane incorporated, a multi- million dollar company, and the place i am trying to find work at, as a training architect.

so far the atmosphere feels inviting, and a vanilla scent wafts through the whole place, many of the other employees chat and laugh, their desks are filled with plants and plans for what i assume is their work.

The job description entitles, i will work around the clock, but i get paid, a total of $50,000 a year, with all benefits, like much needed medical insurance, i will sign a contract if offered the job, which states i must work there for three years, unless fired or circumstances change.

I stand up, soothing down my skirt and walk forward after the woman who called my name, she is dressed in a suit- white blazer and trousers- and her blonde hair is wound in a tight bun, she leads me to a tall class door, and opens it for me.

"Miss Maywood?" A voice as smooth as honey calls out, and i see a middle aged woman walk forward, her hair is brown but there are several streaks of grey. The curls of her hair ravel down her back, and she wears a gleaming smile, her outfit is professional, and she holds out her hand- which i shake firmly, before she directs me to a seat opposite her desk.

"Madeline Jackson, chief executive officer" she tells me, before asking "Why do you believe you deserve this job?" and i began to speak, "I've always been hardworking, and my confidence has grown throughout the years, i have had a few bumps throughout high school, but i graduated top of my year, i have a 4.0Gpa, and i am fluent in Italian, and French- beneficial for abroad clients" i finish, smiling. "Well, Miss Maywood, you seem quite the achiever, just like your resume stated" Madeline responds.

"Thankyou" i reply. "However, why get a job like this, if you have so many talents?" she asks, and i reply "This company has a warm atmosphere, and this job seems to engage the the things i try my hardest in, unlike other jobs that may have a higher salary"

My words are honest, and she appears to see this as she smiles, "Well Miss Maywood, if you would like to sign the contact-" she asks, and i nod, my heart thumping in my chest. i just got a job doing something i love!