CHAPTER TWO

long time?

did you miss me?

joking anyway, here is the next chapter...

PLEASE STICK WITH IT, IT HAS A SLOW START BUT THENNNNN

-R

XOXO

ROSALIE

PRESENT DAY

I looked around my new apartment, located in delcour, inside Meridian city. "i hope everything is to your taste, Miss Maywood?" Ford Patterson's voice rings out, "It is, thankyou" i reply, staring around at the taste of decoration around me, the exterior was black, with silver features, and that theme echoed around inside, i am lucky to live here.

"across from here is another apartment, empty of course, so you can enjoy the privacy, but the third penthouse has been rented out." he tells me, and i quickly ask- "is there a family?" "no, but you'll never know he's there" i see, its probably just a single, rich businessman. I should probably introduce myself if i ever see him- and there are no screaming children either.

he leaves me, and i relax on one of the sofas, basking in the awe of having a such a luxurious space as my new home- with nobody i know who i could possibly run into.

-----------------------------------------------------

Its only later that night, when i hear a repeated tap, tap, tap, tap. i awaken, my heart beat drums and thuds against my chest, i slip out of my sheets, and my feet make a louder noise then i'd have liked as i tiptoed across the wooden floor, peering out, i run to the kitchen, clutching a knife in my hand, i move toward the door, perhaps it was someone knocking- and nothing more. i peer out into the dark hallway, my eyes resting on the empty apartment opposite, when i hear something- no, someone slam against the wall.

i feel my eyes widen, as i hear a woman's high pitch cry ring out, and another, and another, and...

then it changed. her voice cried out more and more, but words formed and twisted. "no please- no! ah- God" tears began to well as i heard the desperation in her voice, as i move closer to the door the sounds are coming from, when i hear my own door slam.

i rush back over, jamming and twisted the silver handle but it will not budge. fucking automatic locks. I have no idea who to tell either- I'll look demented- messy hair, falling out of the scarf i had it wrapped in, and my pyjamas- if you could call it that, simply consisted of a large oversized t- shirt, and short shorts, and i was still holding the knife.

i hear the apartment door open, and out of shock i drop the knife, although the lights are off, i can see the figures of two men emerge from the room, i bolt down the stairwell, my bare feet pounding down the flights of stairs, a cry lodges in my throat as i hear the rushing of footsteps above me, my scarf falls from my hair as i come to the last flight of stairs, and i make no effort to retrieve it, my arms ache as i scramble and scrape for the hand rail, in a desperate act to stop myself from falling from my fast pace and exhaustion.

its only when i see the lobby i relax, spiralling out from the stairwell, and running into somebody's chest, i go to apologise, but my heart drops when i see who it is. "Damon?" i whisper, taking a step back.

His eyes fall, and they remain on my legs as he speaks "its two in the morning, what are you doing in a building that belongs to the Torrance's, dressed like that?" he asks, his eyes narrowing, and my eyes wander to the girl on his arm, he is dressed in a black suit, and she is in a black dress, her hair is blonde, and her eyes meet mine, those blue fucking eyes.