35

"Normal" - Jimin's language"Mer" - Merman's language"Sign language" - both understand

"Mer" - Merman's language
"Sign language" - both understand

~*~

Author POV

Jin had been following the river in the direction of Jimin for a while, the bond growing stronger and stronger the more distance he travelled. He must be getting closer as the water deepened, it was like he was chasing a lantern fish, a small ball of light, enchanting in the darkness.

Instead Jimin was the lantern lit in the darkness of the night, guiding him home like he had seen for ships in the past. 

Jin was practically running over the shallower rocks, he couldn't physically injure himself unless the blow was precise. Plus it had to get between his scales to do damage, or break them, but that was near impossible unless the opponent had very sharp teeth like a shark or siren. 

He scrambled along the rocks that made up the bed of the river. He just wanted to get to his mate and to go home. He wanted to return to the island where no other humans could disrupt or pull Jimin away from them again. But he knew that to be selfish, it was like he was a sea dragon trying to hoard Jimin like treasure, he didn't want to be that kind of merman.

But then all of a sudden the connection vanished, Jimin had left the water. There was no guide or light remaining. But at least the human had given him a direction to go. So he continued to follow in hope it would lead him to where he should be.

~*~

Jimin wouldn't say he completely cleared his head, but his mind felt a little more at ease from his excursion. Just feeling the water rush over his feet had been blissful, he didn't realise how much he loved it from when he was living on the island. 

He began the trek back to his apartment, letting the cool breeze of summer was over him. The park was dark and dimly lit by the lamp posts. That's why he didn't see it coming.

Hands grabbed him from behind, they were vice like and before he could vocalise a scream or a cry for help something was pressed over his mouth and nose. It didn't have any sort of chemical smell to it, that's when Jimin realised it was a gag of sort, especially when it was forced into his mouth and he was unable to talk.

He tried to turn his head around to see his kidnapper, but was unable to. They tied his hands firmly behind the idol, preventing him from moving and making his shoulders and wrists ache.

The panic in his chest was only increasing as a bag was chucked over his head. While he might have been able to see something during the day the natural darkness of night completely cut off his small amount of vision with black.

He was roughly shoved and forced to walk by someone who was clearly a lot heavier and stronger than him it would seem. 

His mind was rushing and he was too panicked to think of anything in particular, like who might have it out for him enough to bind and kidnap him. Why he was being kidnapped, was there a potential to escape, probably not with the guy standing behind him giving him rough shoves that made him stumble if he was moving too slow. 

He was abruptly lifted up and shoved into a van, something was chained to him to hold him down so he wouldn't fly all over the place when the vehicle moved. He doesn't remember much after that, only that he collided with the wall of the vehicle and blacked out from the pain, blood trickling down the side of his face. 

~*~

Something felt wrong.

Each of the mermen felt this way. 

Like something just wasn't right. It was a strange gut feeling, one that sends shivers up ones spine and makes their mind overwhelmed with overthinking everything to find the source of the uneasy feeling. 

They all didn't like it one bit.

It made them swim in lines, almost like pacing, in the reef a few miles from the bay Jimin would meet them at. They had retreated to this spot as it was too shallow for boats, plus the reef would make it hard to capture them in case the people who caught Jin returned for them as well. 

They hoped not, their tails while denting the material in the hull of the ship could not break it to release their friend. They were as useless as a small fish against the metal contraption. They hoped with all their might they would not come into contact with the boat again.

They also hoped that Jimin would be able to find Jin soon, they feared for what could happen to him on land. They had seen the way the pirates of the past were able to descale mermen and maids for their own monetary gain. The time of the pirates was over, Jimin had promised them that. But still the unease of what the humans of this time would do weighed heavily on their minds.

"Will Jin be ok?" They knew their youngest was feeling the most guilty. Jungkook blamed himself, as Jin had been carrying him on his back, the trip would have tired him out and inhibited his senses allowing him to be captured.

All the mermen knew was that Jungkook's guilty heart and mind would not be calmed until Jin dismissed the idea that it was their youngest's fault.

"Do you trust Jimin?" Namjoon asked.

"Yes" Jungkook answered without hesitation. 

"Then trust he will find Jin" Namjoon tried to ease the mind of their youngest, it seemed to work a little, he could see there was both hope and guilt in the eyes of the youngest mer. It was better than he was before at least. 

The oldest mermen wouldn't dare voice their concerns, not wanting to panic the younger mermen more. Taehyung was almost as shifty as Jungkook, gone was the happy puppy personality, in its place a solemn mer.

As they all anxiously awaited any sort of news from Jimin or the arrival of Jin. 

~*~

Next chapter is a big one. Hope you all are ready.

Hope you liked the chapter.

Vote?

Comment?

Bye,
Winter