"Normal" - Jimin's language "Mer" - merman's language "Sign language" - both understand

"Mer" - merman's language
"Sign language" - both understand

~*~
Author POV

Jin was more feral than thinking in that moment, he was drawing up every bit of energy he had left in him. It wasn't much, he was far too tired from dragging Jungkook on his back for more than 6 hours to make the journey to the mainland to the area Jimin was currently supposed to be in habiting.

His talon like claws slashed out, no care in them, not like when he would hold Jimin's hand, with the uttermost care.

This was the hand of a seasoned predator, who had survived for hundreds of years, had fought many pirates and succeeded everytime.

His hand connected with the man's leg, cutting straight through the thick water proof material and into his leg where he struck bone, with alittle more effort he pulled and the man was screaming in agony. An unwilling amputee.

Then Jin screamed, it was high pitched loud and deafening. The humans immediately covered their ears, some crying in pain.

Though the scientist watched in awe of the scaled creature as the blood began to pour from the ears of the ones closest to the mer.

He released the sound, lungs unable to hold the sound any longer. Though the damage had been done, the people closest to him, where feeling their ears, most of them looked panicked.

Jin knew his voice could deafening humans, all the mers had this ability, they mostly used it to stun prey to hunt or in self defence.

They had tested it once before on pirates, watching their ears bleed unable to tune out the high pitched sound.

"Remarkable" the scientist had ear plugs in, it had obviously prevented her from being affected by his deafening scream.

Jin ground his teeth, growling, daring her to come close to him. Her eyes cast over the man who was still crying on the floor holding his bloody stump where the leg had been amputated.

All Jin needed to do was get out of the box and over the side of the boat and he would be free once again. Though he was in the middle of the boat.

He didn't want to shift to his human legs, somehow he felt that showinh that ability infront of the demented lady would be far from a good idea. He didn't think he could make it across the deck dragging his tail.

In his moments of deliberation, he failed to notice another human coming around the back of him. They were holding an electric staff, one that if gotten between his scales could knock him out for an hour or so.