Part 2: Chapter 6: "I still do"

Gale's POV

I got up from the ground and wiped the blood from my face. What did they do to Y/n? She used to be so sweet and loving, she used to love me, but now she won't even let me near her. I didn't think it was possible but I hate the capital even more now. They actually made Y/n not love me anymore. 

Haymitch came over to me and asked if I was okay, I said I was fine and asked what he thinks they did to her, he said he didn't know. We were taken out of the room. I didn't feel like talking, I couldn't talk, all I could think of was Y/n. Will she ever love me again? Why does she hate me now? Is this it? Is our relationship over?

***

My broken nose was treated in the hospital and now I'm sitting on my bed wondering where I went wrong. Does she hate me because I got rescued and not her? Does she think that I'm the reason she got tortured in the capital? God, I hope not. I keep thinking about and remembering everything we went through together. Does she even remember all that? I think about the note she left the day of the reaping, she thought she was gonna die in the arena, when I saw her alive I was relieved and scared at the same time, I knew I was going to see her again but not like this, I thought it would be different.

I told Plutarch that I want to try to talk to her, but he said that she needs time. She's been calmer with the doctors, but they're strangers, they're gonna see how she acts with people she knows from home. Like her mother, Peeta, Katniss, but not me. The capital has brainwashed her to think that I am a horrible person, that all I want is violence, but I don't, they used Tracker Jacker venom to torture her and they "Hijacked" her mind to alter her memories so that she now hates me. I wish we could go back to that night on the roof when we were watching the stars without a care in the world. But now the love of my life hates me, and I can't do anything about it. 

<><><><><><><><>

Y/n's POV

When I saw Gale I felt so mad all of the sudden, he's not even human, he's a capital-made mutt. All he wants is violence and war, so many people have been hurt and it's all his fault. Right now I'm in the hospital, Gale and Haymitch left, and now a nurse is running tests on me. One of the tests was an ultrasound. I lost the baby. Apparently, it was Gale's baby. I didn't know what to feel. Sad? A bit, I did just lose my baby. Relieved? Also a bit, it was Gale's baby, I hate Gale I don't want his baby. (I hated writing this, it's so cruel. But Y/n was brainwashed so it's not her original mind.)

The doctors want to keep me in the hospital for a while, but nobody trusts me yet. My mother came to see me, it was nice to see her, she told me that Gale has been worried sick about me, but I didn't believe her, Peeta and his brother came to see me, the rest of his family didn't make it, which is Gale's fault. Katniss came and saw me, we talked for a while. Everybody who came to see me has tried to tell me that Gale is good, he isn't evil and he does want peace, but they're all lying. He has been telling all of them that this rebellion will work, and somehow they believed him. This rebellion has only caused more violence and deaths. But that's a win to Gale I guess.

(time skip to a week later)

Y/n's POV

All week I have been in the hospital. Doctors have been running tests on me and they found out some things but won't tell me what they are. District 13 is different. Nobody is starving, everyone has a safe place to sleep, and most of the people are nice. 

The doctors have finally told me what happened. So the capital used Tracker Jacker venom on me, which I already knew, but they...they were using it to brainwash me. They changed my memories and my thoughts and everyone is telling me that that is why I think Gale is bad. I've spent all day thinking about it. Is Gale really bad? Or is the capital just trying to make me think that he is? A little bit of both? I don't know, but my head hurts. I go to sleep.