Part 2: Chapter 1: New Home

Okay, this is just a little warning: Part 2 will be a little bit darker and may contain content that might be upsetting, if you have read the Mockingjay, then you know what I'm talking about, but if not, then you have been warned.

Gale's POV

We arrived in District 13, we were taken underground where everyone in District 13 lives. They have created an entire community underground. It's impressive. I didn't feel like talking much. All I can think about right now is Y/n. I'm so worried about her that I could throw up. When we get there I'm reunited with my family. It was so good to see them. I gave all of them hugs and then we were led to our living areas.

There are lots of floors, and on each floor there are rooms. My brother and I will share a room, and my mother and sister will share one. Katniss and her mother and sister have their living area, and Peeta and his brother do too. Y/n's mother was also rescued. She's so heartbroken that Y/n got taken by the capital, I feel bad for her. We were given clothing that everyone in District 13 wears. It's just a plain dark grey or black jumpsuit with some combat boots. Before I could settle into the room, I was taken to the hospital place where the doctors and nurses fixed up my injuries. I have a concussion from hitting my head on the ground so hard, so I have to stay in the hospital room overnight. I was sitting in the hospital bed after a doctor gave me some medicine when someone walked in. It was Prim.

"Hey, Gale. How are you feeling?" She asked

"Prim, hi. I'm good, you?" I ask

"I'm fine. You have a visitor" Just then the door opened and I saw Peeta walk in with red, puffy eyes. Prim left and Peeta sat in a chair next to the bed.

"Peeta, how are you?" I ask

"I'm...fine, I guess. *sigh* how are you?" His voice had so much pain in it, I can't imagine losing my family like that.

"I'm fine. I'm really sorry about your family" He nodded and said "thank you" quietly.

"You destroyed the games, Gale. Forever. You're a hero to the districts. Another rebellion's happening. It's finally happening" Peeta said

"Yeah. I don't know what to feel. I can't stop thinking about Y/n. The Capital has her, Peeta."

"I know. I can't stop thinking about her either. I'm so worried" We sat in silence for a bit, 

"Is Y/n actually pregnant?" Peeta finally asked.

"Yeah, she is. When I said it at the interview I was just trying to get the games called off, but then that night she told me that she really was"

"I'm so sorry" Someone came in and told Peeta that it was curfew now and he had to go back to his room. "See you tomorrow"

"You too" After Peeta left, I fell asleep. My dream was horrible. Y/n was being tortured in the capital because they wanted to know what she knows about the rebellion. But she knows nothing so they kept torturing her even more. It felt more like a warning than a dream, though. 

<><><><><><><><>

Y/n's POV

I woke up in a drab, white room. I was in black shorts and a black tee-shirt. I felt weak and hungry, all the strength in my body was drained out completely. I sat up and tucked my knees up to my chest with my arms wrapped around them. I sat there thinking about what is about to happen to me. My thoughts change to Gale. Is he alive? Is he also here? Is he safe? I saw 4 guards open the door to the room.

"Miss Y/l/n, come with us. Now" One of them said. I was getting up, but slowly because I have no strength left. One of them came up to me and ripped me up, and they took me out of the room. They took me to another hospital-looking room. They made me sit in a chair with wires and cords all over it. 

They attached the wires to my arms and into my veins. Some weird stuff started pumping into me. I felt it going into me. They put on something that looked like virtual reality goggles and it showed a bunch of pictures of Gale. Every few pictures they showed a clip of something bad happening, like war, explosions, bombings, killing, and much worse things. This repeated as they pumped the weird stuff into me.

"W-what are you doing to me?" I asked

"This is tracker Jacker venom, miss Y/l/n. Pay attention to these pictures and clips" Someone said. As I watched, the venom started doing something to me. Altering my brain or something horrible. People would say things like: "Don't trust Gale Hawthorne." Or "Gale is evil" Or "Gale isn't who you think he is"

"G-Gale?" I said a tear sliding down my cheek. I was starting to believe them.

"Okay, that's enough," Said a familiar voice. President Snow. They took the wires out of me and took off the goggles. "Take her to room 306" They ripped me up and took me to a room where I saw a hospital bed and a table with all different kinds of knives. They blindfolded me and made me sit up on the bed.

"Y/n Y/l/n, tell us, what do you know about a rebellion?" Snow asked me

"I don't know anything. I swear." I said

"Go ahead" I heard Snow say to one of the guys in there. A guy grabbed a knife and put it up to my cheek. He pressed it, hard, and I felt a sting of pain go through my cheek.

"I'm gonna ask you again, Y/n. What. Do. You. Know?"

"I told you. I. Don't. Know. Anything."

"Again, please" Another knife was felt on my arm this time, one of the guys sliced it hard and quick, and I felt the blood dripping down my arm.

"Ah! Please...I don't know anything. I swear on my life that I know nothing about a rebellion"

"Don't lie! it will only make it worse" Snow yelled. This continued for like 20 minutes. I had cuts everywhere. They walked me back to the room I woke up in.

"We'll be back tomorrow. Next time, be prepared for much, much worse things to happen. Unless you want to tell us what you know" One of the guys said

"I don't know anything," I said in a low quiet voice, then he kicked me. Hard. and then left.

<><><><><><><><>

Gale's POV

I'm out of the hospital now, and District 13 isn't so bad. Every morning we are given our schedule for the day, and then we follow it, we get three meals a day -which is a lot more than most people in district 12 usually get- we're safe, and most of us are with our families. I just wish I could stop thinking about Y/n.

The District 13 government is preparing for war. Another rebellion's happening. They've been preparing for a long time now. They have bombs and explosives and a lot of high-tech weapons and gadgets. I was escorted to a conference room where I saw the President of the rebellion and Plutarch.

"What's this about?" I ask

"We were just wondering how you're holding up, you know with everything that's happened," President Coin said and I sat down.

"When can we get Y/n back?"

"As soon as we can think up a plan, Gale. We're still strategizing ideas to break in and get them back. When we decide on one, you will be the first to know, don't worry" Plutarch said

"How am I not supposed to worry right now? Y/n is in the capital and they're doing God knows what to her,"

"We're trying our best,"

"You guys should have saved Y/n," I said and walked out of the room. I went to a spot that I found, it's hidden and I go there when I need to be alone. I ran my hands through my hair and couldn't stop thinking about what the Capital must be doing to Y/n right now.