Chapter 5: Fuck The Fucking Capital, Like WTF You Doing Fucking Up My life??

(The title of this chapter just reminds me of Gale, lmao)

Gale's POV

It was a relief to get back home again. I'm so done with the Capital and I'm excited to be out of there. My mother took me home and my siblings are still in school. I told my mom everything, she believed that I actually proposed to Y/n, but I had to tell her it was fake. I guess it's a good thing she believed it because that must mean that everyone else does too.

After my mother and I caught up on everything she had to run some errands or something. A little bit later Katniss came over to say hi. I haven't seen her in a while and I've missed her. While we caught up I remembered what Snow said. People don't believe that Y/n and I are in love and Katniss and me hanging out is only making all that worse. I have to tell her and explain everything. I don't want to lose her, she's one of my best friends, but I have to tell her for her and everyone's safety.

"So, Katniss...I need to tell you something...it's important and you need to know" I say

"Okay...tell me," She said

"So...the day I left for the victory tour...President Snow came to my house. He said that people in the districts don't believe that Y/n and I are in love and that they think...you and I have a thing. When we were going to use the night lock berries to...commit suicide, the districts thought we wanted to defy the Capital and rebel. And they think we didn't do it as an act of love because they think you and I are together." I didn't want to do this but it's to keep everyone safe. "Snow said that...you and I shouldn't spend time together anymore. I don't want to do it but if we don't, and a rebellion happens because of Y/n and I...everyone will be killed" Katniss processed everything that I just told her. Her face wasn't sad or mad it was...blank, empty, almost numb.

"Oh...What? That's not right, they can't take our friendship away...but I guess we don't really have a choice...Right?"

"Yeah. I don't like it at all, it's messed up...I don't want to lose you, you're my best friend. But if we keep spending time together...it will be ten times worse. But remember; no one can take away our friendship, we will always be friends, no matter what the Capital does."

"Of course. Uhm...so, I guess we won't be hanging out or...hunting together anymore then, if you think they can watch us even in the forest, too"

"Yeah, they watch us everywhere we go. There's no escape from the Capital. Katniss, I really don't want to do this. But this doesn't mean we won't get to see each other ever again. We can meet at our spot in the forest on Sundays. Okay?"

"Okay, that sounds good. I wish things could be like they used to be before the Capital was all over you guys and up in your guises business." She looked sad now

"Me too."

"Well, it was nice talking to you again...goodbye" She stood up and we hugged

"Goodbye, Catnip" She left and now I'm just even more pissed at the Capital for fucking up my private life. They have taken the lives of 1,701 innocent children and now they're taking away my best friend this is wrong on every level. 

I felt a wave of anger and sadness come over me, then I punched the wall next to me, I punched it until my knuckles started bleeding out a lot. I slid down the wall and ran my hands through my hair. I can't stand this anymore, I'm tired of feeling like the Capital controls me and being their prisoner. I sit there and try to focus on breathing but I'm just so pissed off right now I can't. A few moments later somebody opened the front door. I looked up and saw my little brother, Rory. I jumped up and went over to him.

"Rory! hey buddy, what's up?" I hugged him

"Gale! I'm so happy you're home!" He hugged me back

"Where are Vick and Posy?"