Chapter 12: Training

Y/n's POV

"Y/n," Finnick calls out

"Hello Finnick," I say still petting the horse in front of me

"Want a sugar cube? They're supposed to be for the horses but who cares about them right? they have their entire lives to eat sugar, as for you and I? Well if we see something sweet we'd better grab it." He holds up a sugar cube

"No thank you, but I'd love to borrow that outfit sometime"

"And you look pretty terrifying in that get-up. What happened to all the pretty little girl dresses?"

"I outgrew them. What about you? What happened to your shirt?"

"My stylist says that I attract more women without one. You love it don't you?" He said the last bit in a deeper seductive tone

"*fake gasp* Oh my god, is Finnick Odair trying to seduce me?"

"Is it working?"

"You wish, supermodel. I mean if you want a kiss I can give you a peck, but I'm kind of taken already, so"

"Oh, what a shame, too bad only one of you will be able to go back home, or none of you" He was about to eat the sugar cube,

"You know what, I do want a sugar cube" Right before he put it in his mouth I took it and popped it in mine. He smiled sarcastically, then Gale started walking toward us.

"Well, nice talk girl on fire,"

"You too, supermodel" He walked away just as Gale reached us.

"Finnick Odair, huh? What did he want?" Gale asks, I turned around and faced him

"To seduce me" I answer

"What? Well, now I know who to kill first in the arena" I smiled and kissed him

"Are you guys ready?" Cinna asks as he walked up to us

"Yes," We both say. He handed us each a little remote.

"Press this button when you're ready"

"Thank you, Cinna," I say. We get onto our chariot and watch as the other districts pull out.

"I can't believe it was a year ago that we were at this same spot and you grabbed my hand to steady me, and we didn't let go," I say

"Dang, that was a year ago, feels shorter" Gale said I nodded. The chariot started moving and, again, we weren't expecting it so we held hands. "I'm getting Deja Vu now." I slightly laughed, but when we went out in the view of the audience, we put on straight faces. Cinna said that this year will be different, and so did Haymitch. He said that there will be a whole different training center, a unique arena, and the tributes have all done this before so they know what they're doing. We make it to the big area where we see President Snow and more important people. He talks about how this is the 3rd Quarter Quell. No shit. I think. And he says he is happy for us to be here. Happy that he can watch us die? I think again.

After the parade, we are taken back to the building where Haymitch is gonna introduce us to some people he knows.

"Y/n, Gale, This is Seeder, and this is Chaff," Haymitch said. We shook hands, and when Chaff and I shook hands he gave me a long kiss on the lips. "Ha ha ha, Chaff is very friendly, but uh, don't invite him over he'll drink up your liquor" I was shocked that this guy who I don't even know just kissed me. I smiled uncomfortably and nodded. Come on now, let's go. I wanted to say, but I didn't want to be rude, the last thing I need is more people out to kill me. Gale also looked shocked, he put an arm around me and we followed Haymitch into the elevator before it started moving, some lady dressed as a tree, I think it's Johanna Mason, stepped in.