Chapter 4: 'For Now'

Y/n's POV

We arrive in the Capital and are escorted to our rooms. I get to choose from the dresses that Cinna has made me. The party will start soon and I'm scared to face Snow but I'm hoping I won't even have to. I change into the dress that I picked and my prep team did my makeup.

 I change into the dress that I picked and my prep team did my makeup

(Again, I made this using Canva. If you have Wattpad and you put outfits up for your stories I suggest you use Canva, it's great.)

Now that I'm all ready we're leaving for the ball right now. We arrive a little bit later and before we enter, Effie talks to us.

"Okay, eyes bright, chins up, smile big. This party is for you guys so enjoy it" She says, we nod. We follow Effie through the crowd of people, every once in a while she turns around and tells us to go faster. We wave and smile, and when we see someone looking we kiss. Tonight is about getting everyone to believe that we are in love. Gale keeps my hand in his the whole time we're walking through all the cheering and clapping people.

We make it to the main party area and I see mine and Gale's prep teams and a ton of other people that Effie somehow knows. We smile and wave and hug and kiss the whole night. There is a huge variety of food here too. Countless different kinds of soups, bread, meat, alcohol, cakes, cupcakes, brownies, macrons, everything you can think of and it's there.

I know that I won't be able to try everything because there is so much food here, but it all looks so good I don't even know where to start. We try as much food as we can, but not even halfway through everything we start to get full.

"Here, you must try one of these, they're delightful" Flavius offers us some kind of dessert.

"Oh, I don't think I could eat another bite," Gale says

"Oh, I have just the thing for that" Octavia hands Gale and me a little glass with pink liquid in it.

"What's this?" I ask

"It makes you sick...so that you can keep eating"

"How else will you be able to try everything?"

"It makes you...throw up?" I ask disgusted

"Duh. I've already thrown up three times tonight," Octavia says

"What?! Half the districts are starving to death and you guys are over here making yourselves throw up so that you can keep eating?!" Gale almost yelled. They both looked shocked and hurt. "That's messed up!" I couldn't agree more, but our goal is to get people to like us not hate us.

"Gale, it's..." I didn't even want to say it "It's okay"

"No, it's not okay, this is horri-" I looked at him with a face that said: 'I know, but remember our goal'

"Your right, Y/n. I'm s...I'm sorry guys" He said "Y/n, how about we go dance"

"I would like nothing more," I said and took his hand, we went over to the dance area and copied the slow dance that everyone else was doing.