Chapter 3: The Victory Tour

Y/n's POV

I woke up dreading the events that will come today. Gale was already awake but still holding onto me. We held onto each other for as long as we could before Effie came in again -she knocked this time- and told us that it was time to get up. We reluctantly got up and ready for the day. I knew that my prep team was just gonna make me put on a different outfit for when we arrived in district 11, but I changed into an outfit of my choice anyway.

While we ate, Haymitch and Effie told us to read the index cards with our pre-written speeches while we are on stage in front of district 11. I thought that I would be able to say what I want, and I probably will anyway, I won't say anything rebellious, just what I want to say about Rue and Thresh.

After eating I went with my prep team because we will arrive in a few hours and they need me to look great. They started on my hair. The style they did very was pretty. And they chose an outfit that somewhat represented district 11, the leafy shawl showed agriculture, and the hairstyle just seemed like it fit I guess.

 And they chose an outfit that somewhat represented district 11, the leafy shawl showed agriculture, and the hairstyle just seemed like it fit I guess

I made this collage using canva. It's amazing and I make so many wallpapers and backgrounds with it, it's very easy to use, and it's free. (no they didn't pay me to say any of this, it's just amazing. lmao)

When they finished the golden look for my makeup, we would arrive in district 11 any minute now. As we ride into the district we notice that it's huge. It's so much bigger than district 12. We see a lot of fields for agriculture, and old homes -more like shacks- and as we get further into the district we see the justice building and everyone waiting in the town square.

This song bro...it was made by The Kid LAROI in honor of juice WRLD's death. It's insanely sad and if you listen closely, you can hear him crying 😭I thought it might fit this part of the story. 

My heart begins to beat faster and faster as the time when we say our speeches is near. We get off the train and are escorted inside the justice building. We're about to go on the stage and say our thanks and speeches. Through a small crack in the wood, I see Rue's family and Thresh's family. Above them is a big picture of each Rue and Thresh. I remember seeing little Rue realize that she had been impaled and she was dying, and when she drew her last breath. I thought I might have a panic attack, I got teary-eyed seeing their families, then Gale grabbed my hand and whispered that it will be okay.

"Okay, you guys go on now, to the stage," Effie said, I nodded and, hand in hand Gale and I walked onto the stage. I saw that Rue had 5 younger siblings and her mother. On Thresh's side, I saw an older lady who must be his grandmother and a girl who I thought would be his sister. 

As we walked on stage everyone was clapping, but I drown it out and stared at Rue's picture. I don't think I will be able to talk or say anything without tearing up or full-on crying. But Gale talks first.