Chapter 23: The Massacre at Hawkins Lab

"So our theory is that Vecna makes remote contact from his attic. We assume he can do it from everywhere," he explains, walking left and right while he sat on the chairs.

"Are you even listening to me?" he sits beside Erica.

"Yeah, I'm listening, it's just," she stands up, walking below the lamp that was flickering a little.

"You said you followed Vecna through lights, right?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Because I think he's here," she says, as we quickly stand up, and walk beside her, looking up at the lamp.

"S. O. S." Dustin mumbles, as i widen my eyes, "Holy shit, holy shit," I say, covering my face with my hands.

"Uh, remember when we said they wouldn't be stupid enough to go through Watergate?"

"Yeah," Lucas shakily says.

"We overestimated them," he says, glancing at us, as I sigh in disbelief.

Lucas walks in the livingroom, unplugging the spine, as Holly complains, "Hey!" before Dustin grabs her Lite-Brite Magic screen, as I follow him, grabbing the two plastic containers which had the colored pegs, "Sorry, thank you," I say, hurriedly walking out, as Erica gives her a candy, "For your understanding," she says, as she follows us up the stairs, entering Nancy's room.

Dustin puts down the screen on the end of the bed, as I get on my knees, laying down the pegs, as we quickly start putting them on the whole screen.

"Okay, that's it, go, go, go," Dustin says, as Lucas does as told, "Yeah, okay," he throws himself, rapidly plugging the spine, as the screen turned on.

"Okay, you guys seeing this?" Dustin shouts, as seconds later, the screen brightens up.

"Holy shit!"

"It works!" me and Dustin shout happily, while hugging Erica as she smiles.

"We're not moving it, but we're gonna unplug it. Stand by." he yells, "Yank it," we puts his thumb up, as Lucas unplugs it, the screen turns off, while he comes back beside us.

"Okay, try it now," he shouts, as we start seeing letter forming with the light, as Dustin laughs, "H. I."

"Hi!"

"Hey!"

"Hi!"

We greet them back happily, "That worked!" Dustin yells with a smile, before they start writing again.

"S. T. U."

"Stupid? Stupid?" Dustin says, as we furrow our eyebrows.

"C. K."

"Oh, stuck," I say.

"Stuck,"

"They're stuck in the Upside Down," Lucas says.

"Uh, you can't get back through Watergate?" he shouts, as they start writing again.

"That a six," Lucas asks, as I glance at him, "That's literally a 'G'"

"Yeah,"

"U... A... R."

"Guar?"

"Guard.."

"Guarded,"

"So, the Watergate is guarded, alright," I say, as they nod.

"We think we have a theory that can help with that. We think the Watergate isn't the only gate. That there's a gate at every murder site." he shouts, as a question mark appears.