Chapter 14: Vecna's curse

When we arrived, it was already night, we quickly got out of the car, going to the front door, as Dustin rings the door bell once, before starting ringing it rapidly, as we all hold a torch.

"Okay. Well, thats settled. I guess he's not here." Steve says, while Dustin ignores him, "Eddie! It's Dustin!" he shouts, knocking.

"That's good," I sarcastically say, as Dustin keeps yelling, "Look, we just wanna talk, okay?"

Robin starts walking away, "No cops, I swear. We just wanna help," he keeps yelling and banging on the door.

"Shh," Robin says, trying to look inside from the windows, as Max follows her.

"Rick! Reefer Rick! Rick!" he shouts, ringing and banging on the door, "He's not there," Steve says.

"Rick!"

"Wait, is that a foot?" Steve asks, "What? Where?" I quickly ask, furrowing my eyebrows, pointing my torch around.

"Over there," Steve points at the direction, as Dustin sighs,
"No, that's a shoe,"

"Hey, guys?" Max calls for us, I quickly walk to her, as they follow my tracks, I follow her gaze and see an old shed.

We approch it, and start looking around it, "Hello?" Robin says, opening the door, as we enter there.

"Is anyone home?" she asks again, as I walk around with the torch, "What a dumb," Steve comments, before grabbing a wooden oar, and starting hitting a tarp which covered a boat.

"What are you doing?" Dustin asks in confusion, "He might be in there," Steve says, hitting the tarp.

"So take the tarp off," Dustin says, pointing at it.

"If you're so brave, you take the tarp off," I walk around, as I notice I knife on the table, "Might need this later," I say, taking it.

"Hey, look over here," Max says, glancing at me and Robin, while pointing at something with her torch.

"Someone was here," she says, as we approach, looking at some bottles of beer and some sandwich wrappers.

"Maybe he heard us, got spooked and run," Robin says, as I stay behind them both.

"Don't worry, Steve will get him with his oar," Dustin sarcastically says, pointing at him.

"I know you think you're being funny, but considering everyone in this room has nearly died a hundred times, personally, I don't find it funny in the slight-" Steve gets cut off by someone getting up, from under the tarp as Robin and Max get startled, while I put my arms in front of them.

"Woah!" Steve yells, getting slammed against the wall, "Wait, wait, wait, wait!" Steve shouts, as I realize Eddie held a knife against his throat.

"Woah, woah, woah, Eddie!" Dustin shouts, as I quietly walk behind Eddie, and hold the knife I found earlier, against his throat too.

"Y/n! Wait!" Max shouts, still shocked about the sudden events.

"Hey, hey! Y/n!" Robin yells, walking closer, standing in front of Max and Dustin.

"Eddie! Eddie! Stop!" Dustin shouts, as he slowly looks at him.

"It's me, it's Dustin! This is Steve! He's not gonna hurt you, and neither is
Y/n, right, Y/n?" Dustin says, raising his eyebrows at me, as I don't move from my place, "It depends-" I say, being cut off by Dustin, "Right, Y/n?" he raises his voice.

"Steve, why don't you drop the oar?" Dustin says, as Steve drops it, while Eddie tighten his grip on Steve, as he groans, I quickly approach even more the knife to his throat, as he lightly loosens his grip back to normal.

"He's cool! He's cool!" Dustin yells in the meantime, "I'm cool, man. I'm cool." Steve mumbles, while sweating bullets, while moving his sight from Eddie to me in panic.

"What are you doing here?" Eddie asks, staying in his place, "We're looking for you,"

"We're here to help," Robin tries to convince him too.

"Eddie, these are my friends, you know Robin, from band." Dustin points at her, while she imitates playing the trumpet with the torch.

"This is my friend Max, the one who never wants to play D&D." he says, as Max quickly raises her hand.

"And that's my friend Y/n, who always sleeps in your same math class, and Steve's sister," he says, as I furrow my eyebrows, "Eddie, we're on your side," he says, as they nod.

"I swear on my mother, right, guys?" he shouts, looking at Robin and Max, "Yes. Yes, we swear." Max nods rapidly, "On Dustin's mother,"

"Yeah, Dustin's mother," Steve agrees with Robin.

"Y/n, you can put that down," Max says, with a nod, as I glance at Steve, before looking back at her.

"Trust me," she says again, raising her eyebrows and nodding again, I look at Steve, before getting away from Eddie, letting go of the knife, as it hits the floor.

I slowly stand beside her, looking at Eddie, still holding the knife, instantly getting anxious, seeing him not moving away, "Max," I worriedly say, glancing down at her, "It's okay," she says, looking at me, before moving her gaze back to Steve.

Second later, Eddie moves away, as Steve grunts, "Jesus," Dustin puts his hands on his head, Robin heavily breathes as Max sighs in relief, "Holy shit," I say, running my hands through my hair.

Steve sits down, as Dustin approaches Eddie, "We just want to talk,"

"We want to know what happened," Robin says, getting down on her knees, beside Dustin.

"You won't believe me," Eddie says, while sniffing, "Try us," Max says, as he looks at her, before taking a deep breath.

"She was just fine, before I went to my room, when I came back, her eyes were rolled back, I called her name, I shook her shoulders, but nothing, the lights started flickering, and she just, like, hung there. In the air. And her bones, uh, she," he explains, whimpering, "Her bones started to snap. Her eyes, man. it, it was just like there was something, like, inside her head, pulling. I, I didn't know what to do, so I, I ran away. I left her there." he says, while we stay silently listening to him, before he scoffs, "You all think I'm crazy, right?" he asks, covering his face with his hand, looking down.

"No, we don't think you're crazy," Dustin reassuringly says, shaking his head.

"Don't bullshit me, man! I know how this sounds." he shouts, glancing up,
"We're not bullshitting you," Max says, as Robin nods, "We believe you," she says, as he exhales.

"Look, what I'm about to tell might be, a little difficult to take," Dustin says to him, "Okay,"

"You know how people say Hawkins is, cursed? They're not way off. There's another world, a world hidden beneath Hawkins." he starts explaining, "Sometimes it bleeds into ours,"

"Like ghosts and shit?" he asks in confusion.

"There are some things worse than ghosts," Max says, as Dustin continues, "These monsters from this other world, we thought they were gone, but they've come back before, that's why we needed to find you."

"If they're back again, we need to know." Max sternly says.

"That night, did you see anything?" Robin asks, as Max continues, "Dark particles, maybe?" as he shakes his head.
"It would almost look like dust, swirling dust." Dustin gives more details.

"No, man, there was nothing you could see or, uh, or touch." he explains.

"I tried to wake her, man, she couldn't move. It was like she, she was in a trance or something."

"Or under as spell," Dustin says, as Eddie glances at him, "A curse,"

"Vecna's curse,"

"Who's Vecna?" me and Steve ask, not understanding, "An undead creature of great power." Dustin explains.

"A spell caster,"

"A dark wizard,"