Chapter 15: The Monster and the Superhero

The day later we came back, bringing food for Eddie, we enter the shed with a loud bang, "Jesus!" he shouts holding a broken glass bottle, pointing it at us.

"Delivery service," Dustin says, as I hold up the bags, full of food, with a smile, as he exhales putting down the broken glass.

We put down the plastic bags, as he grabs a box of cereals, and sits down on the boat, Dustin sits on a chair, as Steve stands beside him, while Max sits on the opposite side, as me and Robin stay beside her.

"So we got, uh, some good news and some bad news, how do you prefer it?" Dustin asks, as Eddie devours the cereals.

"Bad news first, always," he says, with his mouth full.

"All right, bad news. We tapped into Hawkins PD dispatch with our Cerebro, and they're definitely looking for you,"

"They're literally convinced you killed Chrissy," I point out, slowly nodding, "Like, 100% convinced," Max says.

"And the good news?"

"Your name hasn't gone public yet, but if we found you, it's a matter of time before others do, and once that gets out, everyone and their shallow-minded mother is gonna be gunning for you," Robin quickly explains.

"Hunt the freak, right?"

"Exactly,"

"Shit,"

"So, before that happens, we find Vecna, kill him, and prove your innocence," Dustin simply says.

"That's all, Dustin? That's all?" Eddie asks in shock.

"Yeah, no, that's pretty much it."

"Listen, Eddie, I know everything Dustin is saying sounds totally delusional, but, we've actually been through this before, they have, a few times, and I have once," Robin tries to convince him, while we nod.

"We usually rely on this girl who has super powers, but, uh, those went bye-bye, so.." Steve trails off.

"So we're technically in more of the.." Robin says, looking at me, raising her eyebrows.

"We're kinda, in this moment.." I trail off, moving my hands, "Brainstorming phase." Max says, nodding at me, "Yep, exactly," I say, as Steve points at her, "Brainstorming."

"There's nothing to worry about," Dustin says, as Eddie looks at him in disbelief.

Seconds after, we hear sirens wailing,
"Fuck," I mumble, looking down at Max.

"Shit,"

"Tarp. Tarp. Tarp." Robin says, as Eddie hides under it, while we run to the windows, seeing the police passing by.

"Eddie, you stay there, we'll come back, alright?" Dustin says, Eddie puts his head out of the tarp, "Okay," he says, as we run outside, toward the car, to follow the police.

When the police stops, near Max's house, Steve stops the engine as we get out.

We look in front of us, noticing Nancy glancing back at us.

After sitting on a picnic table, we explain everything to Nancy, "You're saying that this thing killed Fred and Chrissy, it's from the upside down,"

"Our working theory is that he attacks with a spell or a curse," Dustin says, before continuing.

"Now, whether or not he's doing the bidding of the Mind Flayer, or just loves killing teens, we don't know,"

"All we know is this is something different, something new," Max says.