Chapter 5: The source

"To be fair to our Russian comrades, i don't think this tunnel was designed for walking, think about it, they developed the perfect system for transporting that cargo," Robin explains, as we keep walking.

"It all comes into the mall like and old delivery," Dustin says.

"And then they load it up into those trucks and nobody's the wiser,"

"You think they built this whole mall, so they could transport that green poison?" Steve asks.

"I very seriously doubt it's something as boring as poison, it's gotta be much more valuable, like promethium or something,"

"Premium what?" i ask not catching what Dustin said.

"Promethium," Dustin corrects.

"What the hell is promethium?" Steve asks, confused too.

"It's what Victor Stone's dad used to make Cyborg's bionic and cybernetic components," Robin explains to us.

"You're all so nerdy, it makes me physically ill," Erica says, holding her stomach.

"No, no, no, don't lump me in with them, I'm not a nerd, all right?" Steve quickly says.

"Why so sensitive, Harrington? Afraid of losing cool points to a ten-year old child?" Robin says, teasing Steve.

"No, I'm just saying i don't know jack shit about prometheus,"

"Promethium," Dustin says again.

"Promethium is a Greek mythological figure, but whatever. All I'm saying is, it's probably being used to make something," Dustin says.

"Or power something," Robin tries to understand.

"Like a nuclear weapon?"

"Totally,"

"Walking towards a nuclear weapon, that's great," Steve says.

"Maybe we'll find something else, like our deaths," i say.

"That'd be great,"

"But if they're building something, why here? I mean, Hawkins, seriously, Off all places. At the very best, we're a toilet stop on your way to Disneyland, Maybe that's it, maybe it's our very.." Robin keeps talking and walking with Erica, while Steve quietly stops me, pulling my shirt from behind.

"You think the Russians know? About the," Steve whispers to me and Dustin.

"They could,"

"Then it's connected," i says.

"Maybe,"

"How?"

"I don't know, but it's possible," Dustin says.

"I'm sorry, is there something you'd like to share with the class?" Robin says, turning around.

We look at each other, and as Steve opens his mouth, we hear a Russian man talking from the walkie-talkie, we quickly got closer to Erica, as she bent down to open her bag, passing the walkie-talkie to Robin.

"It's the code,"

"Wherever that broadcast is coming from-"

"It's close," Robin continues Dustin's sentence,  "And if there's one thing we know about that signal,"

"It can reach the surface," Dustin says with a smile, as Robin looks up, "Let's go," she says, as we start running.

A while after, we surely approached the broadcast because there were appearing more hallways, we hid as some guards passed by.