Chapter 3: The sauna test

The day later, we were again in the ice cream shop, "That keycard opens the door, but unfortunately, the Russians with this keycard also has a massive gun," Dustin says, walking around while we were sitting.

"But there's gotta be a way in,"

"Well, you know, i could just take him out," Steve says with confidence.

"Take who?" Robin asks, raising her eyebrows.

"The Russian guard," Robin keeps nodding sarcastically, "What? I sneak up behind him, i knock him out, and take his keycard," Steve explains.

"Yeah, it should be easy," i say, agreeing with my brother.

"Did you both not hear the part about the massive gun?"

"Yes, Dustin, we did," Steve says.

"That's exactly why he would be sneaking," i says.

"Well please, tell me Steve, and be honest, have you ever actually won a fight?" Dustin asks, getting quickly an answer, "Okay, that was one time-"
"Twice, Jonathan. Year prior?" Dustin cuts off Steve.

"Listen, that doesn't count."

"Why would it? Because it looks like he beat the shit out of you, you got a fat lip, crooked nose, swollen eye, a lot of blood," Dustin makes a list of all the things Steve had, after that stupid fight.

"That just might work," Robin whispers while getting up, going to the front.

We got up following her, she took some cash from the tips, and started running, "Robin! Hey, Robin! What are you doing,"

"I need cash,"

"Well, half of that's mine."

"Where're you going?" i ask in confusion.

"To find a way into that room, a safe way, and in the meantime, sling ice cream, behave, and don't get beat up, I'll be back in a jiff," Robin runs away, disappearing in the crowd.

I weirdly look at Dustin, while he licks the scoop, "Oh, dude. Come on, man, not my scooper," Steve says in disgust, while snatching the scooper from Dustin's hand.

A while after, Robin finally came back,"It's fascinating what twenty bucks will get you at the County Recorder's office, Startcourt Mall, the complete blueprints," Robin says while putting down a map on the table.

"Not bad," Dustin says with a smile.

"So this is us, Scoops, and this is where we want to get," Robin points in the map.

"I mean, i don't really see a way in," Steve says, still looking for a way to get where we need to.

"There's not, if you're talking exclusively about doors," she says removing the map, showing another one under.

"Air ducts," Dustin quickly says glancing at her.

"Exactly, turns out, this secret room needs air just like any old room," she says, grabbing a red pen, "And these air ducts, lead all the way," she says while drawing a line, following the air ducts, "here." she cercles Scoops, and
looks at the air duct in front of us.

I got a ladder, and put it right under the air duct, Steve got on top of it, and with a screwdriver he opened the air duct.

"Flashlight," Steve asks, with the screwdriver in his mouth, Dustin hand in to him and in exchange he got the screwdriver.

"Thank you,"

He then used the flashlight in the air duct, "Yeah, i don't know, man. i don't know if you can fit in here, it's like, super tight," Steve says, getting down from the ladder.