Chapter 24

Cristina stood outside of Meredith's room and hesitated. She wanted to go in, Meredith needed her to go in but for some reason she felt like she couldn't.

"Cri-Cristina?" Meredith called out, having seen her person through the window of her room.

Drawing in a deep breath, Cristina opened the door.

"Hey, Mer." Cristina said, her voice shaking slightly.

"They tied me up again! Cats go meow, but lions go roar! It's not fair, Cris. Please tell them!"

Cristina, still not moving far from the doorway, nodded and agreed to find out what happened. Within a minute of entering the room, Cristina had left again. She wanted to do more to help her dark and twisty person but she feared that this was out of her realm of abilities.

Cristina searched for Dr Wyatt and upon finding her, demanded why Meredith was in restraints again.

"She was displaying self-injurious behaviours and wasn't able to be calmed down. We did it for her safety."

"That's ridiculous, she's traumatised and you don't -"

"Dr Yang, I wouldn't dictate how you do surgery so I'd appreciate that you don't dictate how I do my job. I'm assuming Meredith is awake so her restraints will be removed but depending on how she will handle the news I have to tell her, will depend how long they are off for."

Cristina tuts and turns on her heel to walk back to Meredith, feeling more determined than ever to help her person.

When she walks into Meredith's room, with no hesitation this time, she pulls a chair up to the bed and begins to wipe away some of the tears on Meredith's face.

"Listen, Dr Wyatt is going to come in here and take the restraints off you -"

"Really?! Thank quack you, Cristina! Thank you!"

"Shut up, I'm not done. But she said that she has news for you and it doesn't sound like it's good news so it's vital that you don't try to hurt yourself otherwise you'll get restrained again or drugged up."

"But -"

"No buts anymore, Mer. The situation you're in, sucks. Anybody who knows you, agrees on that but you gotta pull your big girl scrubs up and handle it like a real surgeon. Got it?"

Meredith sniffs back a few tears and nods, a little timidly at first but then she nodded again more assertively.

After 10 minutes of Cristina and Meredith sitting and talking about surgeries, Dr Wyatt knocks on the door. Meredith instantly flinches but Cristina reaches out and holds her hand to sooth her.

"Meredith, do you mind if we talk?"

Meredith jerked her head before nodding in agreement.

Dr Wyatt looked at Cristina expecting her to leave, but when Cristina made no attempt to leave her twisted sister, Dr Wyatt sighed and continued.

"Meredith, we're happy to remove your restraints but due to your earlier distress and inability to regulate your emotions, as a team we've decided to delay your discharge."

Meredith sucks in a deep inhale.

No! How can they do that? It's not fair! It's not fair!

Refusing to cry, Meredith nods.

"We plan to review it weekly and we'll do more work on how you'll regulate your emotions as up until earlier you have been improving."

Cristina squeezed Meredith's hand to reassure her and congratulate her for doing well. Once Dr Wyatt stopped talking, she began to undo the restraints.

Phew, finally! That feels better.

Meredith, now having the freedom to do so, stood up and stretched her limbs. She didn't take into account that she was standing close to a wall and her arm jerked out, causing her wrist to hit against it hard.

"Oww!"
"Shit, Meredith!"

Meredith, wide eyed and clutching her wrist, looked at Dr Wyatt "I didn't do it on purpose! Please don't lock me up again."

Dr Wyatt was shocked by Meredith's statement and reassured her that she wouldn't be restrained as it was clear that it was caused by a tic, but she would be escorted down to the main hospital to get her wrist x-rayed.

Meredith tried to convince Dr Wyatt to leave it but gave up when Cristina started to say that it needed to be checked out.

I do not want to face them down there though. Please do not make me.

Meredith tried to tell Cristina how she felt through her eyes but Cristina couldn't understand her.

"Cristina, maybe it'll be easier if you take Meredith." Dr Wyatt suggests.

"Yeah, that sounds okay."

When Dr Wyatt leaves the room, Meredith bursts into tears.

"C-C-Cristina *tut* please." Meredith jerks her injured wrist, wincing in pain.

"Mer, what is it?"

"I-I can't face i-it. D-don't make me g-go d-down th-there."

Cristina sighs and explains to Meredith that she has to. She suggests that they page ahead to Bailey, even though she isn't an orthopedic surgeon she can still help. Knowing that she doesn't have much choice, Meredith gives up and agrees.

Timidly, Meredith and Cristina starts to walk down to the main hospital to a private room while they wait for Dr Bailey.

We hope you enjoyed! Thanks to my co-writer natkat28