Chapter 23

"That sounds like a good plan."

Good for you, maybe.

"What do you think, Meredith?"

Awful. Awful, idea. Stupid. You're both stupid.

"Um, ye-yeah, sure." Meredith says just as her arm jerks out and hits Derek. "Oh, shit! I'm so sorry! Oh my god, I'm so sorry, D-D-Derek! Patti-cake, mark with a B, bees goes buzz."

I'm an idiot.

"See! It frog doesn't work!! Buzz buzz buzz. W-Why can't dogs woof I b-be n-normal??!!" Meredith says, starting to cry.

"Meredith, I've told you, you need to give this medicine a chance to work. You will see improvements sweetie and if for whatever reason this one doesn't work, I'll switch you over to a different medicine. Let's give this medicine a few more days and if it doesn't work then I will change your meds. Does that sound okay?" Dr Wyatt asks.

"I-I gu-guess meow so." Meredith says with a sniffle.

Derek rubs Meredith's back gently. "You can do this Meredith."

"I-I'm trying! Christmas Tree! Ugh! M-m-make it work!" Meredith says, starting to sob. She stands up and starts to pace around the room. "I wa-want it to work swimming pool now!!!" Meredith goes up to the wall and all of a sudden starts banging her head against the wall. "M-ake it w-work!" With each word she bangs her head against the wall.

Dr Wyatt and Derek both rush over to Meredith to stop her from harming herself more. Derek grabs Meredith away from the wall and holds her tightly against his body. He has her hands pinned against him.

"S-st-stop! L-et woof me g-go! I can't scalpel do t-this any-anymore!" Meredith tries to get away from Derek's grasp but he is much stronger than her.

"Meredith, you need to calm down or I'm going to have to give you a sedative." Dr Wyatt warns. She watches Meredith trying to get out of Derek's grasp.

"D-D-Derek! Let m-e g-g-go!" Meredith sobs.

"No, if I do that you're going to try to hurt yourself." Derek says softly.

Meredith does everything in her power to get out of Derek's grasp but nothing works. She starts banging her head against his chest in an attempt to feel something, anything.

"Meredith. Calm down." Derek says.

Meredith just sobs and continues to try to hurt herself. At this point she is hysterically crying. She struggles to get enough air into her lungs.

Dr Wyatt decides enough is enough and quickly leaves the room to get a sedative. She comes back a minute later and quickly injects the medicine into Meredith's arm. Meredith instantly stops fighting and goes limp in Derek's arms. Her eyes close and she falls asleep.

"I'm sorry Derek but that was necessary."

Derek sighs, holding Meredith in his arms. "I know it was. She was getting hysterical. I know she wouldn't have stopped until she hurt herself."

"The medicine will work Derek. We will find the correct dosage but it could take some time. That is the hard part unfortunately." Dr Wyatt looks at Meredith, asleep in Derek's arms. "I want the best for her. I want her to be able to get back to her normal life but she has to want it herself. I know she wants it but it's hard for her right now with the tics still there. I'm worried that when we find the correct medicine and dosage that she will be upset when the tics aren't completely gone. They will not disappear completely. They will be gone for the most part but not completely."

They bring Meredith back to her room and unfortunately because of what happened, Dr Wyatt has to restrain Meredith's wrists and ankles again.

Dr Wyatt says goodbye to Derek and leaves the room.

Derek sits in the chair next to Meredith's bed and watches her sleep. He smiles while listening to her snoring.

Derek's pager goes off and he frowns, not wanting to leave her. He had planned to be there when Meredith woke up. He shakes his head and ignores the page, assuming they'll page another neurosurgeon. However, five minutes later he gets a second page saying 911. He sighs and walks over to Meredith and kisses her on the forehead. He then leaves the room.

———————————-

A few hours later Meredith wakes up and sees that she's restrained again. Tears stream down her face.

"D-Derek!!!" She cries out. "C-Cristina! I-I need s-someone p-please!" She doesn't really want to be alone right now.

A nurse comes into the room after hearing her cries. "Meredith, you need to calm down."

"I w-want D-Derek o-or pineapple Cr-Cristina! P-please!" She cries loudly.

"You can have one visitor. You will need to pick one person. Who would you like me to page?" The nurse asks.

"C-Cristina!" Meredith wails. "I rubber ducky ne-need my person!!!"

"I will page Dr Yang to come up and see you." The nurse leaves and sends a page for Dr Yang to come up to psych.

Cristina sees the page from psych and quickly heads upstairs. She hopes everything is okay with Meredith.

Cristina gets to the psych floor and is quickly shown to Meredith's room. However, she could have figured it out on her own by going towards the sound of Meredith's sobs.

We hope you liked! Thanks to my co-writer natkat28