Chapter 3

"Meredith!!!!"

Derek jolts her forward by grabbing her forearms and putting Meredith in the sitting position, whilst she splutters some water out of her mouth. He places his hand on her back and on underneath her chin, keeping her in a position to prevent her choking on any water.

"Are you okay?"

No.

"Meredith?"

Please, shut up.

Derek tries to gain Meredith's attention as she begins to come to terms with what has just happened. She was just underneath the water, not once attempting to hold her breath nor getting scared when her head got woozy showing she was seconds away from passing out.

Meredith was so close to passing out in her bathtub.

Meredith was so close to drowning in her bathtub.

I almost died.

"Meredith? What.. what hap-?"

"I'm f-fine, Derek. D-drop it."

"But, Meredith.."

"I said, drop it!" Meredith quickly snapped at Derek, hoping he would pick up on her determined attitude to leave the conversation.

Please, Derek. Please, just drop it.

As Meredith stands up in the bathtub, Derek swoops in to wrap a towel around her frame and begins to rub her back in an attempt to help her to get dry. As Derek is doing so, Meredith sways slightly on the spot.

Whoa, I stood up far too fast. That headrush has made me so dizzy.

"Derek, I can d-dry myself, y-you know?"

Shocked by her short temper, Derek immediately stops and watches as Meredith walks out of the bathroom. Meredith sits on the furthest side of the bed and runs her hands over her wet hair, exhaling a shakily breath.

"Meredith, Mer, do you wanna talk?"

"Nope." Replying quickly, making the "P" sound pop.

"I said I was fine, D-derek. I'd appreciate it if you w-would STOP TRYING TO BE SOME KNIGHT AND SHINING.. W-WHATEVER BECAUSE I AM F-FINE!"

Meredith stood up to face Derek as she started to shout at him. A wave of dizziness clouds her body, again.

Whoa. Why am I so dizzy?

Derek swiftly left the room, he knew not to get in the path of a Grey woman's wrath, and as soon as he left the room, Meredith promptly sat back down.

It's fine, I just.. I just stood up too fast. That's why I got dizzy.

Meredith continues to get ready, moving very slowly which she had hoped would prevent any more dizziness from creeping up on her but it kept coming. Although at one point, Meredith's dizziness got so bad, she had to lay on her bed for a minute and take some deep breaths as she suddenly felt like she had no oxygen in her body.

"Mer? Are you coming with me to the hospital?"

Ugh, I bet that will only bring on more questions if I say no.

"Uh, sure?"

Meredith goes downstairs, and Derek looks at her quizzingly.

"Is that what you're wearing today? It's really cold today, Mer."

"What? I'm just warm today, I have to take it off at the hospital anyway."

I have no idea what I'm going to do at work, I keep going really hot and then shivering. I hope I'm not coming down with the flu or anything. It can't be anything else. Nope, definitely nothing else could be causing this..

We hope you liked! Thanks to my cowriter natkat28