"Not now, Mom," he replied with his eyes on the laptop.

She walked over to his desk and shut the laptop, "Mom!," Humza groaned.

"I need to talk," She said with a determined look on her face.

"Okay, Fine, What is it?" he asked,

"You married Rhythm because of me... What made her agree to this marriage?" She directly came to the point and her question surprised him.

As Humza opened his mouth to answer her, "Don't you dare lie to me," she said, cutting him off.

What should I say! Telling the truth would hurt her but I can't lie to her.

Humza thought while staring at his mother, thinking about what to tell.

"You threatened her, Didn't you?" she asked, looking at him with a look of suspicion.

Humza looked at her quietly, "You used her family and... threatened her to marry you," she said, shocking herself.

"Mom..." Humza tried to explain,

"I was there!" she yelled while cutting him off,

"Everything happened in front of my eyes, Humza, so, don't you dare lie to me," She said while gritting her teeth in anger.

"I can't believe this...." She said while running her fingers through her hair,

"You used her weakness... her family and played with her emotions, Humza...." she shook her with utter disappointment, tears rolling in her eyes.

"... mom, you wanted me to marry and I..." Humza tried to explain confused at her reaction but Farah cut him off,

"Yes, I wanted that but not like this..." she shook her head, "I wanted you to marry her in a rightful way... by talking to her family and only after...." She stopped in mid-sentence as she realized something.

"Her family..." she looked at him, "they agreed to this marriage... so easily... even after what you... did to them? Why?" she asked, looking at him with tears rolling in her eyes.

Humza stared at her, quite clenching his jaw in utter anger and fear.

His silence gave an answer to her question which made her furious.

She stood up and slapped him hard.

His head jerked sideways at the impact of her hard slap, "I'm ashamed to call you my son, Humza," she spat at him with tears running down her cheeks.

"I never thought you would do this! to that innocent girl and play with her emotions, Humza," she yelled at him.

Humza touched the spot she slapped and stared at the ground, trying hard to control his temper.

"You ruined everything, Humza," She shook her head at him.

"I just punished her for what she and her family did," Humza replied while clenching his jaw remembering what happened that night when he lost his trusted men.

"Her brother killed my men that night and she almost killed Sameer," Humza continued, "Her father tried to ruin my business... they were all wrong!" he yelled in anger.

"What!?" Farah was shocked hearing him,

"Let me tell you what's wrong in a true sense," she said, looking at him.

"It's wrong when you ordered your men to kill her father because he was stopping you from doing that illegal business of yours," she continued, "It is wrong when you killed her innocent finance mercilessly in front of her eyes,"

"That is wrong!"

"The way you killed all those innocent men, who were just trying to save her father from you! was wrong," she declared while looking at her son with disgust and disappointment shining in her eyes.

"You are wrong, Humza," She stated, "You are the only one who's at fault here,"

Humza lowered his head as he saw the hatred and disgust in his mother's eyes for him. He only wanted her to be happy but knowing that she hates him for what he did makes him feel angry at him.

He knew his mother hated his ways but he had to. Being nice in this dangerous world is a weakness he can't afford.

Farah wiped her tears and took a deep breath, she looked at her son.

"You will have to make things right, Humza," she spoke, "... in a true sense," she added.

"You have one week time... before I come back, you have to apologize to her and her family... gain their forgiveness," She ordered,

"But mom..." she cut him off,

"You did this and you have to fix it, Humza," She said, "You have to make it right," 

Author's Note;- 

Hey guys, Do vote for the chapter and follow me up. 

Leave tons of comments, they would encourage me to write more and more. 

Follow my social media accounts to know more about this book. 

Instagram:- S.N_Nina_Arthur. 

Facebook:- S.N Nina Arthur.