⊳forty-three

◤──•~❉᯽❉~•──◥

◤──•~❉᯽❉~•──◥

chapter forty-three: i am not your weapon

Gore warning

◣──•~❉᯽❉~•──◢

"Don't."

The command was stern, and the voice came from behind the woman. The voice was slightly unfamiliar to her, but when she thought about it for a second, she pinned who it belonged to. She frowned slightly.

Ryujin slammed his foot down, causing the ground under everyone's feet to shake from his force. He huffed out a cloud of smoke, curling his lips in a snarl. His teeth were mere inches from Maddox's face. Ryujin let out a low, clicking growl as he settled, his pupils expanding and shrinking as he waited for his next command.

Y/n raised her hand, placing it over his snout. He nudged into her hand as he laid beside her. She finally turned her head, looking over at the tall, dark-haired man. Her nails ran across Ryujin's scales.

"You can kill him," She said, looking away. "But I want his body when you're finished."

"If there's anything left of him," He said darkly, unsheathing the blades from his back. "You can have the carcass."

Y/n shrugged. "As long as it can be processed and properly disposed of."

She turned to leave, before she paused. She looked back over her shoulder. Isamu met her eyes through his mask.

"Slaughter him."

The blade shone as he turned them.

"With pleasure."

The war began there. Despite the people that rushed past them both, Isamu and Maddox stood their ground, their gazes holding the other.

"I didn't think you'd actually have the balls, Isaiah," He hummed, unsheathing the sword at his side.

"That's not my name," He said.

"Then what is?" He asked, cocking his head to the side.

He didn't respond. Maddox sighed and dropped his shoulders. He lifted a hand and flicked two of his fingers. Four figures rushed out at Isamu. The man sighed. He flexed his fingers around the hilt of both blades.

He kicked his foot out, breaking the first man's shin with a loud snap. He screamed in agony, sliding onto the ground in front of him. Isamu slid his blade through his screaming mouth before ripping up, cutting through his skull and brain. He fell forward with a loud splat.

The second man came running at him, obviously upset that he'd just killed one of his comrades. He swung his ax high, causing Isamu to bob under him, slashing his second blade across his abdomen. He stepped behind him, stabbing the other blade into his chest. He ripped it out, causing blood to splatter across his mask before kicking the man in the back.