⊳twenty-five

◤──•~❉᯽❉~•──◥

◤──•~❉᯽❉~•──◥

chapter twenty-five: insanity

warning: mental play, heavy angst

◣──•~❉᯽❉~•──◢

"Where is she?"

Y/n's gaze shot around the room. She placed her hand on her husband's chest as he stepped in front of her, blocking her from going any further. She looked up at him, her eyebrows lacing together in distress.

"She's fine, Y/n," He said, gently touching her arm. "She just doesn't want anyone in there with her right now. She wants to be alone."

"Where did you find her? What about her leg?" She asked, hesitantly stepping back when Satoru walked forward, forcing her back.

"She seems to be in perfect health," He said. "Shoko checked over her more than once and said she was fine. She's just exhausted."

"I have to make sure—"

"Y/n," He said, making her shoulders drop. "She'll come to you when she's ready. Don't crowd her. I promise she'll be fine, okay?"

She looked down. After a moment she nodded. Satoru began to lead her away, their footsteps retreating down the hall.

Sora moved away from the door. She unfolded her arms from her chest, letting them drop to her sides. She walked to her bed, turned on her heel, and let herself fall back on the mattress. She stared up at the stars stuck to her ceiling. They had once glowed when all the lights were off, but now they were dim, and barely showed in the darkness.

At first, she didn't understand why her father had been there. Then, she realized that it was Isamu who'd contacted him before any of this had even happened. He knew she wasn't going to be able to do it, so he'd set everything up for her to leave.

For some reason, it made her blood boil. Why do all that he had done just to send her away at the last second? Kameyo was right there—she could have ended it right there.

But she couldn't.

"Sora, have you ever seen a real shooting star?"

The girl lolled her head to the side to look at her friend. Kameyo lifted her arm up, tracing the patterns of the brightly lit stars with her finger. They laid together on the purple sheets on Sora's bed, their gazes turned up to the glow-in-the-dark stickers.

"One time," She replied. "My Dad showed me it when we were living in Malaysia."

"Was it pretty?" Kameyo asked.

"Yeah," She hummed. "It made the whole sky light up!"

Kameyo laughed as Sora dramatically threw her arms up in the air, spreading them out as she kicked her feet. She smiled when her friend laughed, letting her arms fall to drape over her stomach.