⊳thirty

◤──•~❉᯽❉~•──◥

◤──•~❉᯽❉~•──◥

chapter thirty: even angels cry

Warning: slight angst, mentions of previous occurrences, y/n just makes me sad-happy :/

◣──•~❉᯽❉~•──◢

"How far....is all of this going to go?"

The steps in the hall ceased. The woman pivoted her foot, turning to face the younger girl down the hall. Sora's hands were shoved deep into the pockets of her jacket, the hood pulled over her hair. It was darker in some spots, most likely from the rain. Despite the home being dark from the power being out due to the raging storm outside, the amber and bright lapis eyes were clearly visible to the older woman.

"That depends," Y/n replied, her hands resting on her sides. "How far are you willing to go?"

Sora turned her head away, chewing on her bottom lip. "I don't..." She turned back to her mother. "What do I do?"

"I can't tell you what you have to do," Y/n said, bringing her hands in front of her as she twisted the wedding ring decorating her finger. "You'll have to decide that for yourself."

"Is what I want to do the answer?" She asked, her eyebrows laced together in distress.

Y/n moved forward, beginning to walk to the girl slowly. "The only question you should be asking is: Is it the right thing?"

"How do I know what that is?" She asked, swallowing the lump forming in her throat.

Y/n paused. She ran her gaze over the distress on Sora's face. After a moment, she walked past the teenager.

"Come with me. I want to show you something."

Sora hesitated. She watched her mother walk down the hall, pausing at the corner. She stopped her movements, waiting for the girl. Sora looked down at her feet before turning, following her mother's steps.

"Where are we going?" She asked. Sora was taller than her mother was, taking her father's lengthy genes. She walked slowly, trailing behind the older woman, anxiously glancing around the dark home.

Y/n didn't reply, leaving the house in silence. The only sound was the shutters slamming against the side of the old home. Sora jumped at the crack of thunder, making her mother glance back at her. She slid open a door off to the side, and Sora felt her shoulders relax.

"The tea room?" She questioned, following Y/n into the room.

"When your father and I were young," Y/n said, taking a box of matches from the table. She struck it on the side of the box, crouching to light the candles on the table. "He used to get into fights with Rokuro a lot. It made me upset because despite being married off, I wanted them to share a relationship so I would still be able to see Satoru. Every time they would fight, my mother would take me in this room and make me sit down with her."