⊳fifteen

◤──•~❉᯽❉~•──◥

◤──•~❉᯽❉~•──◥

chapter fifteen: challenge

warning: blood, gore, stress-induced panic, angst

◣──•~❉᯽❉~•──◢

Navigating her way around the school, Sora ducked around buildings and hopped onto roofs to avoid being caught. She looked off to the side, spotting the building in the distance. She could see the five other figures nearing the door, one pausing at the door to usher the rest in. Once they were, they followed inside, closing the door after.

She flexed her hand around the handle of the blade. She was shaking—she'd never held an actual weapon before. They were always bamboo staff or sticks. She's never held something that could...kill someone.

But she knew she had no other choice. She wasn't oblivious to the reason as to why these people had suddenly shown up. These were the people Isamu had warned her about—the other half of her clan. They were after her, not her friends. She had to make sure they were alright.

Gasping in surprise as the sudden figure beside her, Sora jumped onto her feet. She quickly brought the blade up, blocking the attack the masked figure sent at her. She stumbled back from the force on her own blade, wincing at the vibration that made her fingers tingle. She continued to block their slashes, battling out through force. Her hands shook from the force as she shoved them back.

She slid from the roof, landing on the ground below. She held the blade at her side as she darted into the forest, hoping the mist from the rain and the tall trees would give her some type of concealment. She sprinted through the dampened grass, ignoring the cold mud that splashed onto her legs as she ran. She cursed herself for wearing a skirt rather than pants.

Her teeth chattered from the icy air and the freezing rain that fell against her skin. She could hear movement around her, and with the use of her Six Eyes, she could see the figures that were surrounding her—chasing her throught the forest. She slowed her pace until she stopped. They were already onto her.

She couldn't run anywhere. No matter where she ran, they had caught up to her. She couldn't tell if it was the same people or different ones—they all looked the same to her.

She raised the katana up. Tightening her jaw, she stopped the chattering of her teeth. She turned in a slow circle, sizing up each figure that dropped to the ground around her. There were only three. She could handle three.

Whipping around, she enforced cursed energy into her blade, knocking the first person down. She ducked under the blade of the second, using the butt end of hers to them in the knee with a loud pop. They cried out and fell down, clutching their leg. The third rushed at her, making her take a step back as she blocked their hits. The sound of the blades clashing together filled the air.