⊳seventeen

◤──•~❉᯽❉~•──◥

◤──•~❉᯽❉~•──◥

chapter seventeen: superstar

◣──•~❉᯽❉~•──◢

She winced at the pull in her leg. She rubbed her thigh, which was adorned in white bandages, preventing any kind of infection from getting into the healing wound. She reached to the side, taking the set of crutches from against the wall. She shimmied off the bed, carefully getting to her feet as she tucked the crutches under her arms.

"I can get a wheelchair if you'd like, Gojo-chan," The nurse said, holding the door open for the girl. "The imaging room is quite a distance for someone in your condition."

"Ah, I'll be fine," She shook her head. "I can walk, just...slowly."

"If that's what you'd rather do," The nurse nodded.

She walked beside the girl, giving her tips and helping her on the metal supports as they walked down the hall. Once they were inside the X-Ray room, the nurse had Sora lay down on a flat table. The white-haired girl shifted around as she placed a weight on her stomach. After a moment, she returned from around the barrier.

"It looks like a transverse fracture in your femur bone," The nurse said, pointing to the wheelchair she pushed to the girl. "Which means no more walking for you, young miss. You need to let that bone heal itself unless you want surgery."

"Rather avoid it," Sora sighed, reluctantly getting into the wheelchair. "Is there any news on my father?"

"He got out of surgery a few hours ago," She said, pushing the girl down the hall. "I'm not totally sure on the details, but I think he fell into a coma during so."

"A c-coma?" Sora stammered, turning her head to look up at the woman. "I-Is he going to be okay? H-He's not going to die, right?"

"No, I don't believe so," She smiled sweetly. "The coma was most likely medically induced to give his body time to heal. His injuries were very severe so they need the maximum amount of time to heal on their own. I'm sure he'll be awake within a few days."

Sora slowly nodded. The grip she held on her crutches tightened as she looked down into her lap. Her eyes fell heavy as she thought about what would happen if her father didn't wake up. However, when she heard a familiar voice call down the hall, those thoughts vanished.

"Sora!"

She felt relief wash over her when she saw her cousin and his spouse jogging down the hall towards her. The nurse paused, giving them a small smile.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Yuuji asked worriedly, crouching down beside her as he placed a hand on her head.

"We just heard about what happened," Gen frowned.