⊳twenty-two

◤──•~❉᯽❉~•──◥

◤──•~❉᯽❉~•──◥

chapter twenty-two: from under the willow tree

warning: slight mention of blood and death

◣──•~❉᯽❉~•──◢

"I think I'm done,"

Sora's voice came from the doorway, making Isamu look over the back of the couch. He took the cigarette from his mouth, turning his head back to the TV where a cartoon Kota wanted to watch was playing.

"Are you still mad?" He asked, moving his hand to the side as he tapped his cigarette. She watched the ashes fall into the black tray on the side table.

"No," She replied, walking into the room. "I'm not angry anymore."

"It'll change," He said, exhaling softly. "But for now, we've got other things to worry about."

"Your informant?" She asked, walking around the couch.

Her gaze fell on her brother. He was fast asleep, his head resting on Isamu's leg as he held his toy loosely. Isamu was rubbing his back gently, and Sora knew that it had lulled the boy to sleep. It always had.

"He found your friend," He said, making Sora's eyes widen.

"Kameyo? They have her? Where?" She asked, feeling her heart begin to race. Oh God, if they had her...

"She's with them, but...not in the way you think," He said, closing his eyes as he took the final drag, then put the cigarette out.

Sora slowly shook her head. "N-No, that's impossible. Kame would..never..."

Isamu took his phone from the arm of the couch. He clicked on a few things, and Sora heard the TV change. She stepped to the side, turning to look at the screen. Instantly, she felt her heart drop when she saw the inside of the storage building.

There was no sound to the video, but her imagination had made up for what was there. She looked back, making sure Kota was still sleeping. She didn't want him to see this. Slowly, she sank down to sit on the ottoman.

The video feed, from what looked like a camera began when the door opened. She watched as her friends and the two second-years walked inside. They stood there for a moment, seeming to discuss which way they should take first.

"Look at Kameyo," Isamu said.

Sora redirected her attention. She watched the girl reach behind her and take her phone out. Her other hand hovered over Chinatsu's arm as if she were about to grab her. She pressed something on her phone, and just a moment later, two figures were sweeping down.

Sora watched in absolute horror as the masked person slit the girl's throat wide open. Chaos broke out as the others scrambled to run away. Kameyo grabbed Chinatsu and Kenshin, pulling them forward, practically leaving the other boy for himself. Sora felt her throat tighten when she watched the blade disappear into his body and watched as he fell to the ground helplessly.