They pull away and Roman kisses her cheek before they go in for another hug. After, he sets her down beside him as she stays connected to his side with every muscle in her body.

Right as his eyes look over at me, I don't waste any time.

I rush into his arms, holding him as close to me as possible. I feel him smile inside my neck immediately.

"Sweetheart, I still have stitches in my stomach," he warns.

"I don't care," I say, hugging him even tighter because I don't want to let him go. Ever.

I do end up pulling away, only to end up with my hand on his cheek and my lips smashed against his because if there's any time for PDA, it would be right now.

We pull away both smiling like idiots.

"Aww! Group Hug!" Rider says, almost everyone crying as they follow his demand while crowding around Roman to hug him.

"We really don't have to," Roman tries to get out of it, but there's no point.

"Yeah, I kinda agree with Roman on this one," Sanchez says and Legend, along with Ivy agrees.

Iris, Skyler, and Eldon grab their arms and pull them into the hug. All of us including Noah, Dayton and Aubrey who have no idea what's going on and are basically half asleep, Bethane and Rider's kids, and Violet strangle Roman as if he didn't just come out of a coma.

This might be the most adorable thing ever!

~~~-

I stay in Roman's arms while he's laying in his hospital bed. Every time I squeeze his hand, he squeezes it back to show me that he's still here. That it won't be years until I hear from him or have to go through life without him. That is an actual indescribable feeling. Relief doesn't even begin to explain it.

I've readjusted myself so many times just because I don't feel close enough to him yet.

"Alaiya?" he's probably questioning my constant moving, but I almost lost him so he can deal with it.

"Mhmm?" I lay my head further into his chest.

"Baby, I'm right here," he reassures me.

'There was a chance you weren't going to be' I want to tell him, but refrain.

"Are you hungry?" I shoot up to ask. "You haven't eaten in a bit."

"It's been an hour."

"I can go get you something. If you don't want something from the cafeteria, I'm sure there are a bunch of places around. Or if you want a specific drink-."

"Alaiya, you're turning into me." He smiles, trying to calm me down.

No, I'm saying whatever is on my mind usually, but I just never say it out loud because I don't want to seem obnoxious to him.

"Are you cold? The blanket they gave you is pretty thin and it's a little chilly in here. I can get you a new one or if they don't have the right one, I can go to the store-."