Chapter 31

Louis looked around to ensure that the girls were no longer checking out for him while Marcella was confusingly following Louis's gaze. He realized that Marcella was expecting an explanation for the unexpected behavior.

"Well, I'm not into girls, yk?" His voice was feeble.

"Not into girls?" Looking up at him Marcella questioned.

"I mean I'm into girls but" He was stuttering struggling to find the appropriate word to describe his feelings.

"Interaction?" Marcella suggested the word.

"Yeah." He quickly looked at Marcella."That's what I meant, I'm not much into interactions you know?" He informed her.

"Why?" Marcella queried.

"Interactions? That's useless like who even needs me?" Louis tried to fake a smile.

Looking away from him Marcella advised "You should stop caring about what people think of you."

Louis's eyes moved to Marcella who was looking ahead of her "I don't care either." 

"You definitely do." She said to him.

"Ohh really? I think you should mind your business." While still focused on Marcella he questioned.

Despite Louis's rude behavior Marcella turned her head to him gazing straight into her eyes she asked "May I know the reason why you didn't want to interact with the girls there?" 

"That is none of your business to be concerned about."Annoyingly he said to her.

"You are literally afraid of talking to someone?" Marcella started laughing which hurted Louis and made him more furious.

"I wish you knew how miserable it feels to survive years laughed at so much." He aggressively kept his words but instantly regretted when he realized what he spoke.

"But nobody really thinks about anyone Louis." Marcella spoke while glaring at him. "Atleast not in the way we think people think about us." She added.

Unexpectedly, it turned out that Louis was listening to Marcella very discreetly which he rarely does.

"Louis, no one judged you. They were just highlighting the things which they never saw happening and that's not called abnormal that's referred to as being unique. Nature never feels terrible or inferior for the way it is, isn't it? It's just upto us if we accept the it's phenomenon or not likewise it's up to people Louis we just need to be real and kind.We have a whole lot of feelings and thoughts, and sometimes they don’t line up quite right with the people around us and that's completely fine. You've still got people who adore you, who think you deserve love and love you."

Louis wasn't sure why he was listening to Marcella so desperately but her words were making his heart feel very warm and light like these were the words his heart, his mind, every ounce of his body always wanted to hear and wanted to be assured that it's okay to be different.

"No one is perfect Louis and as you told me that the flaws and imperfections of the moon is what makes the sun love her more, remember? Your words had a message in disguise that things filled with flaws are beautiful just like moon. So,you don't have to try to be perfect in any way but you just have to be kind and that's literally it. You don't need to say the perfect thing or anticipate what they would want you to say and what they want you to be or even exude confidence if you can't because no one is perfect. This society will eat you from inside making you void as it sets us up for a level of expectation that we have no choice but to fail at very often, and then we fall into a cycle of self-hate for failing and striving even harder for perfection and I believe that's one of the reasons we suffer.That's why you should believe in yourself and always be kind without being affected by other's opinion on yourself." Marcella explained him.