Is She ? Could she ?

Chapter Three

My phone vibrated in my pocket. Again. Finally I caved and looked at the messages.

             Text Message Thread

Kyle<3: about that...I'm sorry...
Kyle<3: do you forgive me?
Kyle<3: I know I'm an idiot, talk to me?
Kyle<3: please
Kyle<3: :''(
Kyle<3: we can hang out tomorrow night?

Well, he is persistent.

Me: Uhh, ok I guess. We can hang out and talk about it
Kyle<3: Yeah can't wait

Blah blah blah! Why do I feel like he is lying again? I can't believe I'm doing this to myself!
The bell rings, signaling the end of class. A sub had walked in 5 minutes after the first bell, so it had been a quiet class, he hadn't said a word.
The rest of the morning went just as fast.

"I'm hungaryyyy!" I whined to April when I spotted her by her locker. She just laughed.

"I can't help but keep telling you I love that shirt!!" she exclaimed once again, while admiring my clothes.

"You can have it, it's getting a bit tight on me now, I don't know why." I said trying to stretch it out a bit.

"Well considering your appetite lately I could give you a clue!" April giggled. I looked at her, my mouth open in mock horror, and pushed her half-heartedly towards the lunch room.

We got in line to eat, but I just couldn't help the nagging feeling that maybe she was right, I eat too much. April grabbed the mystery meat, mashed potatoes, and corn on the cob; while I decided to skip food. When we made it to our usual table, a random guy came up and asked,

"Hey, you're Megan right?"

I turned around with a confused smile when I didn't recognize him. "Yeah, I am. Who wants to know?"

"You don't remember me do you?" He looked down at his feet, his hands deep in his pocket, blushed, and peeked at me between his eyelashes.

"I'm sorry, I don't. Where would we have met?"

"At the party a few weeks back. I'm sorry," shaking his head; he said "I'm Gary" and he extended his hand to me.

"Megan, but you already know that," I replied, shaking his hand. "Nice to meet you...again, I suppose." I chuckled. We talked a bit more and exchanged numbers. Surprisingly I didn't think about Kyle until our last class when I saw him, but the teacher kept us busy with work, so I was thankfully otherwise occupied.

************

"Ohh, I almost forgot to tell you. Well, I was going to tell you earlier but then that guy showed up, and those teachers like to give us too-" I said before she cut me off

"Can you get to the point?!" she yelled

"Oh, right, guess who texted me in class today?" I said. We were driving towards the middle school to pick up my younger brother Joey. He wanted to go to the mall, so it was another excuse for April and I to do some shopping.

"Who?!?" She yelled again

"Guess!!!" I yelled back

"Megan! Just tell me, you know I can't guess!" April sighed, exasperated.

"Ok, ok....Kyle!" I squealed, and she joined in. I'm not really proud of myself, he is just a boy after all. But he is such a hunky boy! He have soft brown hair that flops the right way and his green eyes look like they could look through you. Uhh , thats the best I can do