Chapter 1

Eggman had sent me on a mission to retrieve a phantom ruby prototype so it could be destroyed. It just so happened that today Eggman had launched his plan to defeat Sonic. Regardless I did not have time to worry about such things. The prototype had been misplaced during certain developments. I do not know how exactly but at this point I don't care. I have to get this mission done.

I soon did find it around Green Hill Zone. I do wonder how it got here of all places but now I must get back. Oddly enough though I did see Infinite fly past me moments ago. He had been laughing menacingly for some reason. Perhaps its because of what's happening today. As I picked up the ruby I heard explosions go off from a ways away. This must be the start of Eggman's plan... It saddens me that some nature will be destroyed but as the Doctor as said its just some collateral damage. None the less it still saddens me.

"I should probably be going now. This ruby won't get back to base its self-" I stop speaking as I see a black hedgehog with a red strip and inhibitor rings much like mine standing before me. I looked and saw a shocked expression on his face. I spoke.

"Analyzing... Shadow the Hedgehog. Member of G.U.N and apart of team Dark. Enemy of Doctor Eggman." I spoke as I look up information about him. I tended to do this when I came across being I had no knowledge of. He seemed familiar though... Oddly... Why is he familiar to me..? I continue to speak,

"The Ultimate lifeform. You look surprised. No matter. I have a mission I must finish and I must not let anyone get in my way." I proceeded to bolt away from the black hedgehog. Unfortunately he seemed to be right behind my tail.

We ran for awhile. I sent attacks his way as he dodged and he got a few hits on me himself. I tried to use the phantom ruby prototype to my advantage but as I used to for a few minutes I felt something not right with me. I felt pain... I decided to stop after. I then heard the hedgehog behind me yell at me.

"How are you still alive?!" I head him scream at me. What does he mean with this question? I have been alive for not even been a functioning for a year yet and I had never seen this hedgehog before. Something is not right. He must be trying to get me unfocused from my mission.

"I must get this prototype back to my creator. Do not know of what you speak off." I proceeded to fire laser blasts from my hands at him. He dodged every one of them and spin dashed into my back causing me to fall off my feet and crash several feet. The pain was unbearable. My vison was glitching I had started to spark in a few places. I heard a scoff close to me and look to see Shadow standing above me. He looked as if he was going to finish me off but hesitated. 

"Wh-what are y-you waiting f-for?" My voice glitched out as I spoke. "I-I am not real... Egg-eggman will n-not miss m-me in my annihila-tion. W-why are you l-looking at me like th-that?"

He just stared at me for what it seemed like forever. He soon sighed and ran off. What was with him...? Why did he spare me? I do not understand. In my confusion I stood up. For being just a robot I could also feel the pain given to me but this was unlike anything I've felt before... That hedgehog is strong... Very strong. I realized that I no long had the phantom ruby prototype. The doctor will be furious at me for my failure... I started to walk back in pain. The walk will no doubt be long with the damages I have been given.

My sensors soon buzzed with news though. And they were very good for Doctor Eggman.

They did it.

Sonic the Hedgehog has been defeated...