Crackling worries

Start from the beginning

"I was drunk!"

"Well, it's healed now, isn't it?" I questioned as I took the concluding bite, and brushed the inhabiting crumbs off of my white shirt.

"Yeah...but I still have trauma. I hyperventilate everytime someone presses down on their finger," Claude deadpanned, tweaking the collar of his taupe shirt.

"Hey! Are you guys done with that yet?" the raven-haired yelled, signing to the clear packet and blue box of Graham crackers with his semi-carbonized stick.

Sorra twisted the yawning side of the cartoonish packet, of marshmallows, before fastening it with a thin elastic band, and lancing it at Mammon with vengeance. The raven-haired simply smirked at her, just as he caught it with his open hand.

"Don't be dramatic Claude, just buy yourself a new finger." She doubled over, her bare arm slumping on my thigh suddenly, with the bright blue box in her hand. The woman had a bevy of gold chain bracelets, dissimilar charms holding onto them, on her thin wrist. "Give this to Nikolai."

The blond tossed it to Nikolai as he maintained eye contact with Sorra. "What about my trauma?!"

"Get a new brain? And make sure the person was smart. I don't want you being dumber than you already are."

I could feel a chuckle tickling my throat as the blond huffed loudly, ensuing a victorious smile from Sorra.

"Luka, it's your turn," the short-haired woman said as she dug her elbows into the chapped bark, her hands branching across her jaw.

"I dislocated my arm and put it back in place, I've never had a relationship before, and I..." I paused the roads to my mouth so I could think, "I have a fear of spiders?"

"I think it's the first one!"

"No, it's obviously the second one," Sorra retorted.

"It's actually the last one...," I said quietly.

"You put your arm back in place!?"

"You've never had a relationship!?" Her provocative position was swiftly altered by surprise.

"Speaking of that!" Claude exclaimed, heisting our eyes and placing them on him, "Niko said that Dante's apparently in a relationship."

The woman scoffed as the fire sputtered, and spat sparks at Mammon for pitching more wood into it, "Yeah, a relationship with his hands."

I was seconds away from asking her what she meant by that, until the blond interrupted me.

"No, with another girl's hands! He has a girlfriend!"

"Who does?" Mammon butt in as he took a sip of his beer, accommodated in a glass bottle. The tattoos on his chest peeked at me from the small windows in his red and black sweater.

Nikolai chugged his drink also. "They're talkin' about you, Dan."

"A girlfriend?...Nah," the raven-haired answered, his thoughts coaxing his lips into a smirk. Mammon leered right at me as he stood up, sending a blush pirouetting across my face. God, he was making it so obvious.

"Where the hell did you get that? Give me a sip!" Sorra demanded as her hand went out, her eyes devoted to the amber bottle as though it would mystically fly over to her—and, maybe even strike Mammon in the face for her.

"Nah bitch, drink all of Nick's one. Not sure you wanna' swap spit with a straight guy like me." His palm hovered over the blazing fire as he ambled over to our tree.