"Hey, I made you your favourite." He seemed nervous as he said that, pulling out the chair for me. 

"Thank you." 

"No worries. I just want to apologise again for the way I handled things yesterday."

"Mm."

"I can see that I was being selfish and I should have put your feelings first. You're my priority in here and I only want to make you smile, and I failed miserably at that last night."

"Thank you because honestly last night was really hard. The challenge probably drew on my insecurities that were already present and made my think about them again."

"I know."

"I just like, now I'm not even that bothered about the whole challenge, maybe now I can see like it was just a challenge and it's just a game. But then the thing that gets me is the way it was handled, I was upset and instead of listening to me, even if you didn't agree with what I was saying, you decided to almost make me feel like I was in the wrong for thinking that way."

"I can see that now and that genuinely wasn't my intention. Truthfully, I don't know why my heart races so much for Gem, maybe it was just like the pressure of the moment, but I panicked because I don't want something like that to ruin something amazing that I have with you."

"So are these flashbacks like regular occurrences, did you have them when you was with me?"

"No, absolutely not. I really don't know what happened but that's like the closest we've been since we broke up. Obviously."

"Yeah."

"I can't promise to get this right first time but I can promise you that I'll learn from these mistakes and it won't happen again what I did last night."

"It better not because I need someone to share my emotions with, even though I love my job, I see some of the hardest moments in people's lives and I want to come home and be sad and now have someone who just makes it seem like nothing."

"And I know I can be that person."

"If you really mean it."

"I really do." He pulled me over so I was on his lap. "Last night I just couldn't stand the thought of us both being sad about the whole situation and not knowing what was going to happen. I didn't sleep much anyway but it would have been even worse had we not spoken,"

"That's got to be a rule of ours, never go to sleep angry."

"I agree."

"I've got a text." Ekin shouted. "Islanders, tonight there will be a recoupling in which the girls will choose which boy they want to couple up with #girlsontop #bigchickenergy."

"I can go back to spooning baby." Jacques shouted, spinning the bar stool we were sat on. "I'm so excited to hear your speech."

"Imagine if one of the girls picks you before I get the chance."

"Honestly that's like my worst nightmare, I can't spend another week in the bed next to you."

"I know."

****

That night we all got ready for the recoupling, I always feels like everyone steps up their game on recoupling nights. Like today I had a little floral number planned but I think it's too casual for a recoupling so I went for a white number instead.