Two Steps at a Time

4 months later

Valicity's POV

I am 8 months pregnant.

I haven't heard from Ezio within those 4 months I was out of Italy and back in California with my parents and my older brother.

" Valicity honey come on I don't want the mall being packed while we are there " my mom said.

" Mom I'm trying to get my shoes on. I can't even see over my belly " I complained.

" Come here sweetheart " my dad said while patting a stop for me to sit on the couch.

I waddled over there and sat.

Dad bent down and helped me put my shoes on.

" Okay I'm ready now " I said and we all left the house. We got into the car with Dad driving, mom in the front and me and Tino in the back.

We were picking up baby clothes today. Mom and Valentino were the only ones who knew the baby's gender. Dad and I wanted to be surprised.

We found a parking spot and we parked.

" Valentino and I will meet you guys back at the food court for lunch. Then pick up some groceries then we go home " mom said and I gave her some cash then they left.

Dad and I walked into random stores and looked at stuff and bought stuff too.

30 minutes later

" Kiddo your mom is taking forever. " Dad said while pinching the bridge of his nose.

" Dad mom's been gone for 30 minutes "

" Let's check out that baby store over there " I said trying to get him to relax.

We walked into the store and I immediately saw stuff that I wanted.

" Look at this crib. " Dad said and I went over and looked at it.

" Dad can you fit it up? " I asked him.

" I can do it in my sleep " he bragged and I smiled.

" I'm gonna get it. " I said.

After a couple minutes of being in the store I got a call from mom.

" Hey mom " I answered.

" Honey where are you guys? We don't see you at the food court. " mom replied.

" We're on our way " I said then hung up.

The cashier cashed us. Dad took the bags and we walked to the food court.

I immediately spot Valentino and we walked over to them.

" God am I having triplets? Why is there so much clothes and diapers? " I asked while looking at the amount of shopping bags on the floor.

" Because you gave us enough money. So we kinda went crazy. " Valentino said and I shaked my head.

Ezio's POV

Can my life get any worse?

Most of my family hardly speaks to me.

Owen hates my guts and won't even come around me much.

I'm stuck with an annoying blonde.

Worst of all. My girl, my unborn child, they are gone. All because of the choice I made.

I am Ezio Diaz. The worst.

5:18 am.

I layed in my bed just staring at the ceiling. I looked next to me and no one was there.