Chapter Five

A week has passed since I was brought here, feeling more like one month.

If I stay indoors for one more day, I swear I would lose my sanity but I had no choice. I didn't realize the amount of people living here until I walked into the living room one morning only to find more than thirty hot muscular men having a meeting with their boss. I discreetly walked into the kitchen not wanting to interrupt their conversation.

At first I didn't want to believe that my ex-boyfriend was a Mafia boss. But with the amount of guns and security around here, I think reality has finally hit me, hard.
I still don't know how I feel about being around dangerous men and weapons every single day.

Speaking of dangerous men, Vincenzo has been avoiding me like the plague for the past five days after our not so pleasant conversation and it's really frustrating because he was the one that brought me here in the first place, I hardly see him and when I do he just nods in my direction and walks the other way.

It feels weird having no one to talk to all day, I didn't really want to make friends with people who always wear scowls on their face. Matteo is a really great company but he has a job to do and he didn't have time to hang out.

Snapping back to reality, I sat cross-legged on the bed, after finding a comfortable position, I picked up my phone hovering over penny's number. I still didn't have the courage to lie to her and my family but I know I have to or they would start getting suspicious.

Knowing Penny, she would start suspecting that something was wrong. I hesitantly dialed her number and put the phone in my ear.

She finally answered after three rings and screamed her lungs out in making me cringe.
"Lillian Stewart! You've got some explaining to do! Why didn't you tell me you have been seeing Mr hotshot again?! You are such a bad bad girl Lilly. " She purred her last statement in a seductive tone making me cringe internally.

I rubbed my baby bump, Since my belly started showing I realized I did that a lot a lot when I'm nervous, trying to find comfort in my baby.
I finally found my voice.

"I-um, I guess I never got over him. We've been talking for a while and he uhm- asked me to move in with him and I couldn't refuse him." I said.

"I knew you never got over him! I mean who would? He's so hot and I'm sure you couldn't give up on a good dick! I'm so happy for you, Lilly." She said her voice softening.

"You were never the same without him, it was like after he left, he took a part of you with him. I'm so glad you guys are back together." She added making me consumed by guilt.

I hated that I had to lie to her but I had no choice, I don't want her involved in a dangerous world, one of us is enough as it is.

"I know, Penny. I'm happy too." I said, feeling the exact opposite.

"So, how is my favorite nephew doing? Still playing soccer in your belly?" She asked her voice turning playful. I laughed at her words.

"Being pregnant sucks! Sometimes I feel like he's about to pop out with the amount of force he kicks with. I can't wait for him to come out already." I complained, glad for the change of topic.

"In less than three months, you'll be pushing a water melon sized baby out of your vagina!" She burst out laughing like a maniac.

"Please don't remind me. I already have a hard time picturing it." I groaned out, I always grew antsy when I think about it."

I heard a male voice in the background, the voice sounded familiar
" Penny? Are you with some-"

"I'll call you back, I'm really busy right now. Talk to you later. Bye!" She hung up before I could even utter a reply. I stared at my phone in shock, wondering who the person was and why his voice sounded familiar.