Chapter 30

His Pov

Micajah Stone

Her reaction shocked me, I expected her to flip and maybe hit me once or twice or be mad at me or something. But she faced this like a Luna she is, calmly and head on. We were both so high on heat and each other that my swimmers may have scored one. Oh God.

We get dressed separately and have breakfast together in silence and after that I leave to get her bag, also to handle few other things. I urge her to stay here, in my house, indoors preferably. Her heat scent is still lingering in the house and I don't want her wandering out and about in these loose clothes.

I check my mobile to see any update from Alpha Callum. There is none. So I check up with my dad, he gives me a brief answer, nothing too much in detail. So I leave the topic there. I have a mate waiting for me at home and I like this feeling way too much. So I hurry the fuck up with my chores.

I rush back home and ask Sam my beta to follow up on this situation with Alpha Callum.

The heat is over, so the pull may lessen but the emotions and the bond that we have will grow stronger and hail us forward, together.

I take her bag and head home mouthing a song on the way. As I reach the pedestal of my house my mood takes a turn as I hear her sniff and voice her apology to her mother who I know for sure is dead.

I enter quietly, not wanting to barge in but can't wait it out either.

The further hour or so goes by of me holding her close to me physically and letting her know that I am here. That I will be here, always where ever and whenever she wants me. The sincerity in my embrace is like a diamond, refusing to dull and would always shine for her.

Heat or no heat I will be with her, as we were brought together by it, but it is our choice and our choice only to stay with each other.

She laments, curses and wallows in her sorrow, I hold her as she does ,while massaging her back and her head. I have seen my brother in law caress my sister just like this. Natalie rarely cries out in front of me so I don't know how Sam handles her in these moments.

I carry Penelope upstairs and let her rest on the bed and I become the big spoon. I listened to her open her heart out and put all her cards out on the table. I wanted her to let me in but I was patient all along so that she could only say those words when she is utterly comfortable. Mission accomplished it seems.

After a few hours, my Beta Sam mindlinks me as to Alpha Callum should be calling me in some time.

I try to get out from the bed without disturbing her, I know she is not in deep sleep, so she would most probably notice that I am away.

Minutes later, Alpha Callum calls me and I answer.

He tells me the situation going on in his pack, I try to make a mental plan as to how I can help my sister's pack.

My mind is so preoccupied that I don't notice when P goes out of the room.

"Alpha Callum needs instant medical help, Sam, have you finished the arrangements that I asked you to do. Inform the members that I will be visiting Alpha Callum's pack two days after their arrival, so they leave in 2 hours. Sam, you personally escort all of them to the pack bus. Thanks brother." I mindlink my beta.

After this one thing is aside I go downstairs where I know my mate is.

She is back to her Penelope Davis clothes, those leather jackets and jeans and her hair in a ponytail. I like her in these clothes but my clothes on her is just a sight to behold. I enter the room and backhug her. My chin on her head and my arms not touching her breasts but completely resting on her sharp collarbone. She seems to be in a dilemma or a deep thought. I don't know. I can't quite put my finger on her moods just yet.

"I think if it is okay with you I would like to hangout with Natalie, your Beta's mate. Just for sometime. I can tell that your busy with the pack business. I also want to get the birthcontrol pill and the morning after pill right away. I definitely know their Alpha asking for it at the store would get super awkward. So allow me, Alpha." She says with a mischievous tone and touches my palm.

"You don't need my permission baby, on the other hand you would need my help later, to come to rescue you from Natalie. I will mindlink her and she will be here in a jiffy, you will see. I will be in the pack office for sometime, call me if you need anything." I tell her.

I then drag her with me to the dinning table and open the sandwich that I got for us. I bring our chairs closer so that I face her and our knees atleast brush together. If I had my way with her I would have her sit on my lap and eat food, but also feed me. I am a lazy baby at home. I think she knows or atleast has some idea what a baby she has got for an Alpha Mate.

We eat while talking about her father, I tell her a few things about Natalie, how she can be too friendly attimes. I do give her few details about Alpha Callum's pack issue where also my parents and younger sister are with my newborn nephew.

Just as we finish the sandwich the doorbell rings, I don't know why she has to ring it because I can sniff her out, a mile away.

I go to open the door after putting the sandwich wrapper in the trash. Penelope gets up as well to get her purse maybe.

I greet Natalie and ask her if she would like a sandwich to go. She just nods a no.

"What's wrong Natalie, did you fight with Sam, why are you looking so glum ? Do you not want to hangout with Penelope? You should have mindlinked me, I would have told her. " I ramble on.

"No no, it's not that. I am just tired mentally. Where is she?" Nat asks me.

"She is upstairs getting ready I guess. She will down in a second. Do you want some water or something," I ask her feeling totally awkward as I am not used to a mellow Natalie.

A few minutes later, my mate joins us with a purse and boots in her hand.

"Have fun, girls. Keep me updated Natalie." I tell Nat. I kiss Penelope's forehead and brush her fingers with my pinky finger. "Just holler me okay?
I am never too busy for you." I whisper this in her right ear before we cross the foyer.

She smiles and goes to her car with Natalie behind her.

I watch the girls drive away and stay there for a few more minutes and later get to my kitchen and clean up the nonexistent dust there is as I can see that Penelope has washed the dishes and cleaned the table.

'I like that our mate likes to keep things clean and tidy.' My wolf mindlinks me.

'We are so similar. I love it.' He glees.

I ignore this teenage dialogue of his and take my car keys and head to my office.
Sam, my Beta is already in my cabin and I close the door behind me.

I wish him a good afternoon and fire up the laptop. He gives me an update of the pack bus leaving soon with the medical supplies and staff heading to Alpha Callum's pack.

"Do you know what the girls are doing right now? Sam asks me.

"They will probably go to the stores or something." I lie.

"To buy what, Natalie has all sort of shit at home, man, I don't need more crap." He replies.

"I don't think they went shopping man. Just to buy a few necessities maybe. Okay." I try to cover up and continue to lie blatantly which I know I am totally failing at right now.

Me avoiding eye contact erks him on.

"What necessities Micajah?" He asks.

He physically as well as logically comes near to me.

I know Natalie will tell him about the birthcontrol and the morning after pill so heck why should I lie to my brother. So I fess up.

"They are at the pharmacy. To get birthcontrol etc for Penelope. The entire pack would know through the grapevine if I went to buy a morning after pill. So Penelope took it on herself to do the deed." I tell him.

He laughs, "Certainly that would be some gossip. And my boss, you did the deed your mate is just there to, you know." I shoot him a glare and he doesn't dare to finish the sentence.

He smirks and lingers near my chair.

1575+ words

Love,
A